Waving "hi" to everyone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebiscuit

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I haven't been here much at all this month. I came down to my house in Florida on Nov. 3 and am still down here. I have a very *iffy* internet connection here. It's a wireless connection, but I have no idea where it's coming from. But I have a very hard time connecting and staying connected so I'm rarely on line. Lots of other stuff to keep me busy, though.

My husband stayed home in Wisconsin to take care of the horses. I brought one of my labs down here with me. We are right on the ocean, and I must have the only lab in the world who does NOT care for the water! I sometimes drag him in with me, and he'll stand there looking up at me, as if to say, "OK... you got me into the water. Now can I PLEASE go back on the shore?"

My father is in a VA nursing home a few miles from here so I try to visit him once or twice a week. My father was NOT a good father, but I still feel sorry for him, so I just grit my teeth and go to the home. My brother lives across the street from me, so we have been going out to lunch and dinner and sitting around talking.

It's just so nice getting away from that northern winter and cold weather!

Hi there! I was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago. I had a run on things breaking down. First my dishwasher broke, then half of my cooktop went, a few days later the microwave blew then my brand new washer wasn't ringing my clothes out properly. Oh, almost forgot that my heating system broke too and although a plumber tried to fix it right away, it didn't work correctly so I had to shut the boiler on and off depending on when I wanted heat. I felt like I wanted to cry and it reminded me of you when you were going through so much. Mine is nothing as serious as yours but nonetheless, upset me to heck and back.
default_smile.png

Wanted to add---Have a great time in Florida. You deserve to get away from the cold and have some fun in the sun.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there!
default_saludando.gif

What a nice hubby to stay in the cold caring for the horses!
default_yes.gif

How I MISS the beach!!! (Northern CA)

I'm glad you get to be there and spend so much time with your brother! And going to see your dad. That is a very nice thing for you to do, even if it is hard. I admire that.

Oh sounds nice!! I miss that ocean breeze! Where abouts are you down there in sunshine heaven? LOL! It just snowed 3 inches last night and still going strong! Yuck! Enjoy the warm sunshine!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am about two miles up the coast from Daytona, in Ormond Beach. It's cold this morning... only in the high 40's, but this two-day "cold snap" is ending this afternoon and then it will be back into the high 70's or low 80's.

Sample, I'm so sorry for all you're going through! Sometimes it seems that everything gets dumped on us at once. It's enough to crack a person, but someone we just manage to go on... but having that crap all go wrong for you in the winter is doubly worse!

Latest posts

Back