Want to see pics of small barns

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I love your little buildings with the double dutch doors! How big are those buildings? The stalls look more like straight stalls than loose boxes, but that is what I was thinking of building too!

p1010081.jpg

18 x 30 carport with tongue & groove attached to the uprights.

p1010033.jpg

Open on both the north & south ends, and we left a couple inches open at the point to aid in ventilation

barn-southdoors.jpg

inexpensive combination screen doors attached to rollers, for ventilation and light on both the north and south ends

stalls1.jpg

Interior was lined with plywood so that they wouldn't kick out the tongue & groove. 3 stalls plus room for hay storage. Dirt floor covered by rubber mats so they wouldn't dig.

That is a very nice looking car port building. how big did you build your stalls?
They were 6 x 8 which in my view is great plenty for a mini, even for mares and babies. My horses are NOT stalled most of the time....it was used to hold them for the farrier, clipping, worming, etc etc etc. Mine are usually outside 24/7 with access to shelters.

When I google "miniature horse stalls" there are all kinds of "prefabbed stalls" out there that can be purchased. I am not going that route, just looking at ideas. Yet there are so many designs and sizes, I guess just about anything will work. Some of the stalls sold are only 4 feet wide. One company sells the 4x8 size, but wouldn't the horse rub it's tail out turning around in a 4 foot wide stall?

depends on the size of the mini.

Mine would, but all of mine are bigger... w/ the smallest only being 36" tall and I'd have to measure to know how long she actually is.

I like these little wood ones. I haven't checked out the pallet yet. Do I have a dirt floor or wood. I think I need wood bc that will keep them from water leaking under but then they are going to be peeing and all. I put those saw dust pellets under their lean to so it will be kinda soft and in the trailer so they want slip and it makes for easy clean up. They are only going to be using them for about two or three years bc we are going to build and move. It would be nice to make something that we could take too. I don't know, maybe a dirt floor is easier with smell and all. What do you think? I love getting all these ideas from everyone. My husband said we can start next week. I want to be sure to be prepared for winter and this baby coming!

Latest posts

Back