Wanna see BABY's FIRST DAY OUT!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
Today is sunny,beautiful,and warm!!!!!!!!
default_smile.png
:aktion033:

SOOOOOOO,...Perfect day to introduce BABY to the outside world,...RIGHT???????

WRONG!!!!!!!!!! LOL :new_shocked:

What a time Fred,Becky and I had!,......

We all thought,....just lead Foxy outta the stall,...and BABY would follow,........OH BOY!!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

BABY didnt want NOTHING to do with the outdoors,.....Foxy was whinnying and doing circles around Fred outside the barn and BABY was sqealing and doing circles inside the stall around Becky and me!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We tried to guide the little BOOGER outside,..but,..He would WHIP around and RUN back inside again,.....finally Fred said,...

ENOUGH of this and walked Foxy back in the stall,...reached down and put BABY over his shoulder and PROCEEDED in the direction of the pasture,...leading Foxy and carrying poor BABY,..while BABY was happily kicking Fred's butt all the way there,....LOL :lol:

I wish I had my camera so you all couldve seen the commotion,..but,..I didnt!

Anyway,....I got my camera out and here is BABY's first day out!
default_wub.png
:

babynball.jpg

hmmmmmmm?,....What is THAT thing???? :bgrin

babyboy.jpg

Whatever it is,..I dont want NOTHING to do with it!!!!!! :lol:

breakyformom.jpg

Mama sure does like this green stuff!!!!!

momeating.jpg

Are you STILL eating mom??,..I wanna play!

mrhandsome.jpg

Im not conceited!!!!!!!...NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

nananaimaclown.jpg

Na,na,na,na,na!!!!!!,......You CANT catch me!!!!!!!
default_smile.png

OK,....We **tried** to measure him this morning,......TRIED being the operative word,....Man,..He tires me out!!,..We COULD NOT get him to stand still,..but,....the tape said 23 inches,.....NOT definite though.
default_unsure.png
:

OK,...We have NOT named him yet,(Terri hangs her head in shame)
default_unsure.png
: :no: ,....lol,.....You guys all gave me some wonderful name idea's but,...I wanna pick ALL of them!! :eek: ,....I just can not decide?????

We do have a barn name though,.....going with the rainbow and wizard of Oz and all,....His barn name is,...

MUNCHKIN!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
: What do you all think? Someday I will HAVE to find a name,....but,.....having a hard time still?

Have a great day,..everyone,......Love Terri,..Foxy and Munchkin!!!!
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

P.S.,....Do you all still think Grulla,....or Black???????

:aktion033: So cute!!!!!!!! He looks black out in the sunshine!
default_wub.png
:

OK, here is my one and only post EVER on color, as I am certainly no expert. BUT, in my experience with clydes and shires, true black babies are born a mousy grey. So I'm thinking this guy, especially with seeing the shoulder barring and dorsal stripe, IS a grulla, although at this point quite a dark one.

Whatever he is, he's beautiful! Huge congratulations!

Jayne

Aww Sweetie! Wow he looks so big hehe cute boy!yay for you

Doesn't matter the color - Munchkin is adorable!!

Looks like "once" he got there he is truly enjoying his first day out!!

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :aktion033:

I am thinking...Black. Love the name...good choice.

Your place looks like it turned into spring pretty fast! :new_shocked: We haven't much green here yet, and last night we had another freeze...down to -6 when i got up this morning. that is the only thing I miss about "out West"...when spring happens...it happens NOW...no fooling around. :lol:

Wow! Does that fella have legs! Looks like he's having a great time outside once he got there :lol:

Glad to see Foxy and Munchkin enjoying an outing...looks like you were having nice weather, too! More pictures... I am really enjoying this foal knowing how long you have waited for him to arrive. Foxy looks like a good, attentive mama, too!
default_yes.gif
:

I can remember turning new moms and foals out here and I am pretty much a one woman show when it comes to that... involves haltering mama, scooping up Junior and trudging out to the pen with them... set Junior down, unhook mama from her lead and watch them go!
default_wub.png
: Intrepid's foal will be bigger than the minis I am used to handling (did big horses but that was 20 years ago!) so the carrying of Junior this time might be interesting. Have to wait to see what arrives!

Glad your hubby gets involved... mine looks at the babies and shakes his head while my sons do like to watch deliveries and work with the youngsters. He discovered that my son Andy has our wayward Siamese cat up in his room now and he started to yowl about it and I finally told him - she's been there 2 weeks, nothing is destroyed and I will never catch her if she gets loose in the basement again. He knew better than to argue with me as my now totally indoor, upstairs kitties know to lay low when they hear him - he laughs about the "virtual" kitties we have. Works for all of us and sons Ben and Andy enjoy their own kitties who like having the run of their rooms.

Lack of sleep is getting to me!
default_wacko.png
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

HI TERRI, I THINK HES A DOLL, AND MUNCHKINS A CRACKER NAME FOR HIM,
default_yes.gif
: HIS LEGS ARE SOOO LONGGGGGGG, :new_shocked: HEHE ILL LOOK FORWARD TO MORE PICTURES SO KEEP YOUR CAMERA BATTERIES CHARGED, AND THE STORIES COMING :saludando:

THanks everyone!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day,....you are all my friends and the most wonderful caring people that I have EVER had the oppurtunity of knowing.
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

He’s really looking good, rowdy and all! :lol: LOL I’d say, colour wise he is a brown, or black brown, like my Billy. Munchkin is a really cute name
default_yes.gif
: Congrats again, he’s got a great home. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back