Wal-Mart do differ

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
I recently went to a different Wally's from the one I regularly patronize. I was pleasantly surprised at ALL the different merchandise/product lines they carried. Their were so many new items featured that I've never seen before......call me weird but this entertains me.

Like who knew they made Irish Springs shower gel??? AND this Wally's had a in house Mc Donald's. My regular one has a Subway chain eating place. Their were tons of food items that differed in the store......lots of variety. I thought my regular Wally was good but this one is even better.

It's strange how Wal-Marts differ...........

My only tramatic experience :bgrin was the bathroom.......you know I hadn't noticed before that the mens bathrooms have 2 waste baskets/ and a diaper changing table.....one trash can for diapers ....one for regular garbage.

Well, you know when you shouldn't let your eyes wander
default_rolleyes.gif
: .......ya know ya shouldn't look because it might be gross stuff in the garbage can. It's like when you were a little kid and someone tells ya don't do it but you look anyways..... Well.......I did :eek:

OMG..... Either some kid's really load diaper was thrown with such tremendous force(like a wind up fast curve ball) that it hit the inside of the can and then slowly slowly slid down leaving the biggest brown skid you ever did see in Wal-Mart history! :new_shocked: or it was a ADULT diaper and let's not let our minds go there. :new_shocked: I can only compare the diaper anology to the old Road Runner cartoon where Wild E Coyotee hit the brick wall and slide down the wall slowly. I know TMI........gross.....but geez.....what goes on that someone has to make that kind of a mess.

I feel bad for the janitors who do clean up.

Overall...I won't let that "smudge" damper my Wa-Mart experience. :bgrin At least the men's urnals aren't built for Paul Bunyan......like JcPenny's....I don't want to go down that road. :bgrin But engineers should really think about shorter people when placing plumbing on walls. I usually don't carry a ladder along when I go shopping. :new_rofl:

My entertainment for the week..... :aktion033:

You crack me up! LOL :risa_suelos:

Our Walmart has the Subway chain too. I heard Walmart's vary depending upon which area has the most calling for certain products, ect.

Around these parts too, depending on which town I go to they have different items. I even once went to a Walmart where when purchased something, and had to return it at a different Walmart store, the price was like 3 dollars different.

Oh about them skid marks.... :new_shocked: . I once stopped at a rest stop and could'nt believe my eyes. What you described was pretty much what I encountered....unbelievable! :no:

Our walmart has a blimpies sub shop in it. I like the walmart we have in our town. They even sell the uncensored DVDS and CDS. I heard some walmarts won't sell nonfamily type items.

We've got something like 4 Wal-Marts all within 1/2 hour to an hour away. The two in Salem (hour away) are both super center Wal-marts, and have alot more stuff... whereas the one in Dallas (1/2 hr) has TONS and TONS of discount stuff, and a nice large craft section. The McMinnville (1/2 hr) one is the one we end up at the most, but they have the worst selection. Dallas has no eatery, McMinnville is a Subway, and one of the Super Centers in Salem has McDonalds...

It's crazy! I think the only reason we end up in McMinnville's Wal-mart so often is because it's near Winco where we grocery shop, and it's near my brother's work place... otherwise we might not EVER go there!

Russ I have long questioned what people do in public washrooms!! I had an older man use the washroom in my hair salon and after he left my assistant came to tell me we had a bio-hazard in the back area
default_unsure.png
: and she was going up town to buy a haz-mat suit! HUH??????:new_shocked: I won't go into details such as you did but just picture a small bathroom that had most certainly been invaded by at least five mud wrestling monkeys!! that HAD to be what happened!!!!
default_shutup.gif
:

Well, here in Fresno we almost have a Wal-Mart on every corner... (just kidding, but sometimes it seems that way..
default_rolleyes.gif
: But there really IS a Starbucks on every corner....
default_yes.gif
: ) anyway, I digress...
default_smile.png

ALL of the Wal-Marts around here are different, some have McDonalds, Nail Salons, some have Grocery Stores, some don't, just really different stuff at all the different stores... for the most part, love the prices
default_yes.gif
:

But I totally agree with Public restrooms, I REALLY don't understand how people can trash any room like that, but especially restrooms and what goes on there...
default_wacko.png
: :new_shocked: makes you wonder what their homes look like...
default_wacko.png
:
default_unsure.png
: totally gross.....

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

My town's Wal Mart has a branch of our local bank, and it used to have a Radio Grill but that shut down. BUT my local Wal Mart has HORSE STUFF TOO! I can buy wormer, calf manna, halters, brushes, etc...

The Wal Marts in the next largest town, about 20 miles away, have stuff like McDonalds, Subway, a dry cleaners, an eyecare center, a nail salon, a hair salon, and a full service automotive center.

Our local one, 30 miles away, built a new Supercenter a few years ago. Just a basic SC, maybe the second size up. I go to Waco, 70 miles, once a month for a major shopping, its a lot larger. Just found a huge HEB there too, WOW what a nice store, specialty foods and all, quite nice. But, the prices arent nearly as low as wally worlds.

Latest posts

Back