W.C.M.H.R. questions?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okla-paints

Reaction score
default_smile.png
i have been looking around on the net, and found wcmhr.

And i kinda like what i seen. Just was wondering how many of you good people use this reg?

I got both my minis non- reg and dont wont to spend the big bucks on hardship.

This is doable. Also how has it helped your horses?

And how are the shows?

Thanks

Hmm well Sweetgrass is only WCMHR wich really sucks because I want to get into showing which is like AMHR . But.. I woudl just do WCMHR if you want to just show fairs club shows 4H shows as long as oyour are not wanting to do R or A Nationals or any R or A shows WCMHR is right for you! i have never show at a WCMHR show none down here in Ontario!

I registered ours so we could show in NC. Life has gotten complicated and we don't show anymore. Our horses are now much loved happy, healthy pasture ornaments. I do like the people I have met through the registry and hope to meet more of them.

Roy is only Reg. WCMHR and it sucks because like Devon said I can only go to the fair shows. There are no WCMHR shows in canada. But o well i still have fun and visit the site often. I want to go to the World show some day.
default_yes.gif
:

Wow yah haha Trystan we'll have to splities on renting a trailer ahah and driving 12 hours
default_wink.png
:

Our gelding is WCMHR. He was unregistered and it was the only one I could hardship him into. I really like it because you can show in open shows and still have points count. I really think it has a place for people like me who have "grade" miniatures that are really nice but don't have papers.I also like it that if you go over in height you can show in the show pony divison. We have just moved to Va. which has alot of open shows that we can get invovled in.

Kim

Sounds like a deal Devon!!That would be awsome if we could actualy do that!!
default_yes.gif
:

I have 6 miniatures that are registered either AMHA or AMHR and I registered all 6 with WCMHR.

Carlene

default_smile.png
Thank you all. I'm looking at it.

I think my horses are nice and of good blood.

Its a shame the people didnt register them.

Both my colts are nice and i think they need to have some type of

paper work.
default_yes.gif
:

In my opinion, the only thing that makes the WCMHR papers valuable is if you want to show at their show. I no longer do and actually threw away my WCMHR papers on all my horses (they have AMHR and AMHA papers). I used to "support" WCMHR but now for me personally, I just got fed up with the total disorganization within that "registry" (business).

But, I will say that Alison / BWminis is correct and there are some mighty fine quality horses at their show each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love WC, I got my horses also unregistered and couldn't afford the $ for A or R. The staff are GREAT people and will give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. The show has come so far from when I first started with them. I personally think that you will like it too, but their will always be people who have had bad experiences with it (like any registry
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) and will tell you it is not worth it. To me, A is "not worth it" but thats just me
default_yes.gif
: .

Courtney

P.S. NO flames please
default_wacko.png
:

No flames, Courtney, but one way to look at it even if the WCMHR did run a tight operation is how valuable would your WCHMR papers be to you if you lived in Oklahoma?

I'm sure I won't pitch out any of my AMHA registration papers (as I did with the WCMHR ones). Truly, you cannot compare the value of WCMHR papers to the worth of AMHR and AMHA papers if you are serious about either showing or breeding.

In my opinion, to the majority of registered miniature horse owners, WCMHR papers are not a selling point and not meaningful. But, if your horse is grade then they do give you some kind of documentation of the horse which is probably worth it if you want a certificate.

I will say their certificates are a lot "prettier" than AMHR or AMHA
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it is only of some good if you plan to show at their one show. I have seen several pictures from their show over the years, and yes they have nice horses. But registering is expensive enough, let alone adding a registry that does not serve a purpose.

In my opinion, it will add no value to a horse, unless, you find that one person looking to go to that show.

Way back I did join and try to register one horse, but never received a thing. Check was cashed, and I did follow up,,,,,,,,it was to be taken care of, but still never received a thing. Lesson learned, and glad the cost was only for one horse.

...Way back I did join and try to register one horse, but never received a thing. Check was cashed, and I did follow up,,,,,,,,it was to be taken care of, but still never received a thing. Lesson learned, and glad the cost was only for one horse.
Carolyn, that is so very typical of the reason I have washed my hands of that registry. People got upset with me / get upset with me when I speak out but I don't care. This "registry" is a BUSINESS and it is not supervised by any board of directors. It's a for profit operation and when you pay them a fee, they should then perform the service. No excuses. I don't use personal excuses or say I could use volunteers to run my company and this is no different in my opinion. I mean, people actually told me I should volunteer to help them. Yeah, right... the WCMHR is not a charity situation, trust me.

It is true that they are very disorganized.I had to bug them for a couple of months every day to get my papers in the mail. I finaly got my dad on the phone and he straightend them out. Other then that I have had no problems with them. They are very helpfull. The only thing I dont like is they dont have any shows in ontario :no: .

I have AMHR and/or WCMHR minis. I think that WCMHR is a nice reg. and the foals from these mares sell really well.

After reading the posts, I was wondering does anyone use the "open" show option? We have several open shows in our area that have halter classes and will add any class to the roster if there is interest ,such as in hand obstacle which young big horse could participate in also. You are competing against horses but great confirmation is great confirmation and a clean in hand obstacle course is a clean hand obstacle course. All the paperwork is on their website for documenting points from open shows . That was the reason we registered our gelding ,not because of their one world show. So has anyone used this option?

Kim

In my opinion, to the majority of registered miniature horse owners, WCMHR papers are not a selling point and not meaningful.
This is how I feel about it. WCMHR papers are of no consequence to me and I would not seek registration with them based on the fact that there is no benefit to me.

All of my horses are AMHA and AMHR registered.

Liz M.

Here is jmo about WCMHR. I am the exact same lines with Jill on this. I had my horses registered under WCMHR and for one thing it took FOREVER to get them back, and when I did get them back there were TONS of mistakes. I didn't send them back since I was afraid I was going to have to wait over 6 months for the corrections. They still owe me 2 registrations that I PAYED for and its been like 5 years. Also I did use their open show point program, and it cost so much to do it. Not sure how that went and I felt like I got cheated on that.

Now I'm not sure if they have changed things around or what, BUT I wouldn't mess with them ever again. A good registry for non-registered horses is ISHR for appys, pintos, and pintaloosas. They also have a open show point program.

How much do their shows cost to enter? Do you have to be registered with them to go to their world show? I have emailed them many times asking for rule books, info on the registry, etc, but I have never gotten a responce. After sending LOTS of emails, I gave up. Shame too, b/c I live somewhat near NC.

Latest posts

Back