Visiting farm during the World Show?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I booked my flight ticket for the world show from 29 sept till 8 october.

What farms could I try to visit?
It is a shame that you won't have some time in the week after the show when farms are more available. I would guess that most local breeders will be busy during the week showing their horses.

There is an isle in the Moncrief Building were some breeders have a booth. This is seperate from farm hospitality areas in the barns where their show horses are located. Two that come to mind that have farms near by are Brewer (Roy Brewer) and Olympian Ranch (Joan Richards). I know that Roy has in the past arranged visits to his farm during the week. I don't know about Joan but both Joan and Roy's farms are each about an hour away from Ft Worth but in different directions; Roy to the north and Joan to the west. you might want to check with them ahead of tiime before you arrive.

Good luck and have fun. Hopefully our paths will cross during the week.

IF I were visiting Texas , I would want to visit Tony Greaves at Little America. WOW!!

Also I think AL B & Susan live in texas--Freedom Hill used to be there, but I think maybe have moved-- those come to my mind very quickly-- I am sure others will suggest more-- Is Dr. Pam also in Texas??

Enjoy your visti--

When I was at the World show at Ohio State Fair, we had the good fortune to visit Star Lake Tack Farm & Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm. Thanks so much for your hospitality & the opportunity to see your horses. It was appreciated.

Some that I can think of is:

Los Arbloes

Millenium Farms

Meadow Lane

These are pretty close.

I am sure most of the farms will be working the show.

I myself am close to Fort Worth but am still building my farm.

Keep in mind that Texas is a VERY BIG state. Some of these farms are many hours away from Fort Worth where the World Show is held.

I would check the Breeders Connect page for farms in Texas and then use a map program to find out how far away they are.

My farm is 25 miles away from the center. We aren't very big or fancy, but you are more than welcome to come visit us!

Lucy

Latest posts

Back