Visit from daughter, twins to be

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
My daughter and her family were home from NY for Thanksgiving, they left this morning, way to short of a visit. Aidan is 16 months old and only the 2nd time I have seen him. He has changed so much and I can't believe how much he talks. We also did Christmas with them as my daughter can not travel any more. I got Aidan a motorized train that travels on a track, he rode it until the battery went dead and then was none to happy it didn't go any more. He got off of it, pushed it and kept repeating, go. So had to distract him with another present. Easily done. He also got to meet his horse, Nadia, that's Aidan backwards, for the first time. She was a little nervous of the little person screaming at her to 'mere! When they left he kept saying, 'mon hosey, (come on horsey), as he wanted her to go with him. So we took some pictures for him to have. While here on Friday my daughter had a few contractions and my heart was in my throat. Not here and not now!! Called her doctor, waited it out and they went away after 4 hours. She looks rather funny but I didn't tell her that. She is a size 4, has gained weight no where but where the 2 babies are, she has 2 soccer balls out front. Tomorrow she goes on bed rest for precaution reasons until the twins arrive. So now we just wait. It is going to be a long 10 weeks but we know they need to stay in there as long as possible for baby boy to go through his heart surgery. My daughter really is doing well but for the first time she expressed some fear of having a 19 month old, a newborn girl, and a newborn boy with heart problems. She's doing better than me, I'd be scared to death! But she is a strong women, has a great support group near by with her husbands family, and has always handled anything thrown her way. But this may be more than normal life.

I am thankful for their visit, their arrival home safely, for spending time with Aidan, and can't wait to be there when the twins arrive! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolyn

What a fantastic Thanksgiving to have your daughter and family home. You are calmer than I would be about contractions. Aidan sounds like he really liked Grandma's house and his horse!

We are all praying for the 10 weeks to go by swiftly for your daughter as bedrest is not fun. Especially not with a 16 month old little boy... I need to send you a pm

with some questions but I'll do it tomorrow.

Take care

Gini

It was great that you got to see them, and i'll be sending my wishes for a safe next 10 weeks, delivery, and surgery for the little boy. Does she have names picked out for the twins yet?

Sounds like a great visit
default_smile.png
I hope she can stay pregnant.. I'm sure she will be fine as we all do seem to meet the challenges we are faced. I cant wait for you to post pics when the babies come
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back