VHS to DVD?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaniceZ

Reaction score
Its my dads birthday on monday (yes, im cutting it close), and he says he would really like to change all his VHS home videos onto DVDs. I would like to get him something that can do this, but i dont know what its called, or where to get it. Any information on something like this would be great!

Thanks!

Try Google......... Larry looked and found there is something out there. He found it on google, but I don't know much more than that.

Here is what I got last year. It works great, and I am completely pleased with it. I've been transferring our old family videos to dvd - still workin' on that actually
default_wink.png
I did get it from Amazon, but hopefully you can find something near you (and fast!)
default_smile.png

Here is this year's model of what I have:

Samsung VHS to DVD

I spent a looong time researching this last year and the reviews on this one were good. best of luck!

Boy are you in luck....The Source (used to be Radio Shack) has them on sale this week for about $149!! It is an ION vhs converter. It is basically a vcr that hooks up to your computer and then you can burn to dvd from there. I've been waiting for them to go on sale and will hopefully be getting one next week. I have the same thing (brand) for transferring cassette tapes to cds and it works great.

Here is what I got last year. It works great, and I am completely pleased with it. I've been transferring our old family videos to dvd - still workin' on that actually
default_wink.png
I did get it from Amazon, but hopefully you can find something near you (and fast!)
default_smile.png
Here is this year's model of what I have:

Samsung VHS to DVD

I spent a looong time researching this last year and the reviews on this one were good. best of luck!

I bought this same one, and it copies VHS to DVD real easy.......But I don't know what I do wrong, because I can only play the DVD on that machine, They won't play on a different DVD player.

So I am thinking that if this player quits working, then I have lost all my recordings.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

I bought this same one, and it copies VHS to DVD real easy.......But I don't know what I do wrong, because I can only play the DVD on that machine, They won't play on a different DVD player.
Cindy, it took me awhile to figure this out, but you have to go in and 'finalize' your discs before playing them on another machine or on your pc. This is copied and pasted from the user manual:

After you record titles onto a DVD-RW/DVD±R disc with your DVDRecorder & VCR, it needs to be finalized before it can be played back

on external devices.

1. With the unit in Stop mode, press the MENU button.

2. Press the ▲▼ buttons to select Disc Manager, then press the ENTER

or ► button.

3. Press the ▲▼ button to select Disc Finalize, then press the ENTER

or ► button.

You will be prompted with the message 'Do you want to fi nalize disc?'.

4. Press the ◄► buttons to select Yes, then press the ENTER button.

You will be prompted again with the message “Disc will be fi nalized.

Do you want to continue?”.

5. Press the ◄► buttons to select Yes, then press the ENTER button.

The disc is finalized.
default_smile.png
hope this helps!!
default_smile.png

Thank you so much for that FlatCreekFarm.

That must be what I am doing wrong. I will give that a try.

Thank you so much for that FlatCreekFarm.That must be what I am doing wrong. I will give that a try.
Yes, I have done the same thing forgot to Finalize the DVD. I have a Pioneer DVD Player/Burner with a VCR player/recorder.

One quick reminder when it comes time to get new blank DVDs make dern SURE you get the CORRECT ones, as there are now many different types on the market. I once bought the wrong ones and now those DVDs Blanks are just expensive drink coasters
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back