very sad question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
ok i know my family is hard for money , mostly cuz my mom drinks and smokes. anyways my horse is taking its part too and my dad doesn't wanna say it but i know that she is taking alot of money. i don't even wanna think about giving her up , she is my heart, but what can i do , i have been tryiong for a year now to get a job and its really hard cuz i live out of town and both my parents work. but what should i do????

In our country store, the all the school kids make up ads and post their names and numbers up on it for "summer jobs wanted" When someone needs help, they just call down to the store and get some numbers. You can also call your local extention office and notify them that you are willing to do stable help etc. if they know of anyone. Even if you don't drive yet, many people would be glad to pick you up. I know I would!

When you live rural, don't kid yourself, plenty of people in the neighborhood could use a hand here and there. You could offer to babysit, clean house, garden, anything to help bring in some horse money. Then budget that money carefully so you will still have some when school goes back in session.

You could also ask your parent's to give you an allowance each week off the top on payday so you could budget your horse money and take care of expenses that way. I'm very good at budgeting, so if you need help, just pm me anytime.

We live 15 miles away from town. My daughter does cleaning for me and a couple other neighbor friends, she cleans their horse trailers, tack, saddles, babysits dogs, etc.

My son mows for two families that have weekend homes near us. is known to help fix and put up fencing, etc. and mostly works in the watermelon fields in summer.

Older neighbors are usually always looking for yardwork or housework help. Start asking around, I bet you'll find someone who needs sme help

Are you crafty? Start up a small equine related items business on the auction here on Lil Beginnings. You could make blank cardstock into miniature horse notecards, or make jewelry with little horse charms or potholders with horses appliqued on them, or fancy up a nylon halter, or make paper stamped with horse prints, homemade candles or soap with a horse themed item inside the candle or soap or an image, painted or applied on the outside, of the holder. You also could buy items and resell them through the auction.

Or if you have items that you no longer want try having a yard sale or offering to run yard sales for family or friends and you get a percentage of the sales.

Learn to do websites and contact local businesses to design and update their websites. i.e. Taking pictures and listing items for sale for a local antique store, either on their website or an auction board, could create more sales using the internet and you could earn a percentage of the sales.

Back