Very excited!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
As some of you know, I am very into photography, especially of horses. I'm in 4H and we do a set up at the Stratham and Deerfield Fairs (I'm in New Hampshire). I entered 20 + pictures at Stratham and one of my favorites was a photo of a horse's eye that I took at my riding barn. It received a blue ribbon at Stratham. I took it to Deerfield where it (along with 20 others) recieved a blue again. Then I went to Deerfield just to see the displays during the fair. At the front of the 4H building they have a box where the judges put their favorite things from all the displays. I couldn't see my picture in the group display, so I went to the Favorites box.
default_biggrin.png
There it is, with a big rosette on it!

Now I know it's just a 4H award but I've gotta start some place! I'm in the photography club at my high school and I hope to enter some photos for a chance to be in the calendar. Very excited so I thought I'd share the news! I'll see if I can find the picture that got the award on my computer.

Thanks for letting me share!

Rebecca

*Update*- Photo included on page 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca thats awesome!!! I also love photography and got a blue ribbon at the Rochester Fair for a picture I took of my French Bulldog! Please find your picture, I'd love too see it!!

Are you going to the NbarH fun show next week??

Joyce

Congrats! I love hearing about 4-H members getting honors like that. It may be just "a start" but I have seen some amazing things come from 4-Hers.

~Megan

8+ year 4-H alumni and current 4-H leader

Congrats!!! I started entering photos in the MA 4H photography contest about 3 years ago. I love seeing the judges comments. Some are really great!

default_saludando.gif

Good for you! Congratulations!

Bonnie

Thanks all for the nice comments, it really means a bunch as this is something that I really love and am really proud of.

But anyways, I found it! I have a ton of CDs with pictures on them, good thing they're all labeled or I never would have found it. So here is my prize photo (in person it looks a lot nicer, the colors are even richer)
default_firstprize.gif

IMG_2798.jpg

Joyce, I didn't know there was a NbarH show next weekend. Oops! Thought the season ended August, but I'd love to go so I'll definitely talk to my mom if I can find out more, although my girls already have their woolies and it is much to cold to clip them.
default_wacko.png
Good old New Hampshire weather!

Rebecca, the photo is GORGEOUS!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!

The NbarH show is a "Fun show, NO CLIP, NO SHOW CLOTHES"!!! Just a bunch of fun!!!! I will have my new colt there that I will be showing at NbarH next year!! He is only 4 months old now. I think he will be great in trail next year as he doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. So far he has walked right up to anything he sees. We'll have to see what else he might be good in! He lOVES people, but I don't know about chickens!! LOL!!!! Anyway, I hope you are there!!!

Joyce

Latest posts

Back