VERY COOL, VERY touching

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
We went to the State Fair rodeo tonight. Pretty good rodeo. After the last saddle bronc rider was done, they announced that this last horse, Fire and Lace, had been bought in Canada 15 yrs ago with 5 other horses for $90k.
new_shocked.gif
They said she had had a few really good bronc stock foals during her career as well. They let her run at liberty after they had cleared the arena while they announced that this was her last performance because she was retiring at the age of 25
yes.gif
. She looked awesome and well cared for.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

THEN

After the bull riders finished, the lights went out. After a few minutes, a spot light came on in the center ring and a soldier in camoflauge uniform was standing at attention and saluting. They talked about freedom and what it cost and what it stood for and how great our country was. From behind the bucking chutes, through a fog, a cowboy came riding out leading a white horse that was covered with an American flag. The cowboy stopped and handed the lead to the soldier, backed up a few paces and saluted the soldier. It was SO cool. The whole audience was quiet and you could tell it had been a very moving presentation.

Just thought both of these things were really cool and worth sharing.

Wow you just brought tears to my eyes. I am overly emotional when my husband is TDY for the Air Force. I just love peoples creative ways of thanking the military. Its also great to see appriciation of those buckin animals. They do take great care of them.

Both of these things would have had me in tears in person because just reading your description brought tears to my eyes.

Tears here too. MOST rodeos take magnificent care of their stock, how wonderful for the animals of this one.
aktion033.gif

Definately would have been awesome to be there! I would have been in tears for sure! jennifer
saludando.gif

Shivers....and then tears. Thank you for sharing. Okay...got to stop the tears now...I have sprung a leak.

Wow... Chills and tears. How very cool.

About 4 or 5 years ago at the Snake River Stampede, they did a similar thing. After the bucking horses, they turned out about 10 mares and foals in the arena. The babies were their future bucking stock, some of the mares had already been in the competition that night. These animals are amazing athletes and have awesome conformation. Their movement is so naturally balanced and beautiful. Their legs and feet look like iron beams. The babies were already play bucking! The crowd loved it.

Latest posts

Back