versatility class question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onequarterfarm

Reaction score
My next show, a local county fair, offers a "versatility class" that consists of halter, halter obstacle and hunter. Since I cannot run for the hunter portion due to lumbar fusion, is it allowable for my daughter to show in just that portion? I know in "combo" classes with like road horses, one person can drive and a different person can ride. I couldn't find anything about this in the AMHA rulebook or anywhere else for that matter...not that they follow those rules, but maybe.

Thanks for any info:)

I know in AMHR the same handler has to do the whole class; but if your fair's show isn't sanctioned by AMHA or AMHR then they may allow something different. I would suggest you contact your show's superintendent in charge of the equine show and ask.

For AMHA versatility is same person for that entire class...if not a sanctioned show might be allowable at your fair..

Keep in mind though that Hunter is not a timed class like Jumper.....Hunter is judged on form, you don't have to run.

There should be a contact person for the show, if its not listed as following a certain organizations rules, ask what they are using and if you can change handlers. While what everyone said is true, your class is different than AMHA or AMHR because they have driving, halter and hunter, your class doesn't have driving but does have obstacle. So the best thing to do, go to the source and ask them what will be allowed. Either way, just have fun and if you do have to do the hunter class, take it at a pace comfortable for you but that will allow your horse to keep forward motion.

Latest posts

Back