Vaccinations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
My vet has changed his policy on taking payments, so I am looking to order some of my own shots this year. I am listing below some of the shots I have given in the past. I have not decided if I will do all or some, but please let me know where you order them from. I also know there are different brand names for some of these shots and I would prefer to stick with the ones I have. I have also heard that some places sell west nile, while others don't.

Here is what I am looking for:

Rabies (vet might need to do?)

Potomavac

Pinnacle IN

Prestige V

Prevenile west nile

EPM Vaccine

I tend to shop around.......but it's usually either Valley Vet or Jeffers.

I'm not sure if they have all of those, but this is where I've ordered from the most in recent years:

http://www.horsewarehouse.com/

I've also ordered and been happy with vaccines and service from Jeffers Equine, KV Vet, Valley Vet, County Vet, etc.

You'll most likely save a lot of money doing the shots yourself. I know it saves me $$$!

Note: You can also order prescription drugs from most if not all of these providers if your vet gives you the prescription. Great for things like banamine, ace, rompum, tribressen, SMZ, etc.

PS In VA, you can do your own rabies vaccines on horses
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you're allowed to give your own rabies vacs in MN, I don't live in MN but have a MN address and usually have them shipped to a friend in SD so I can give my own. Save major $$ on that alone! Another place to check is Omaha Vaccine, they are usually pretty competitive.

I don't think you're allowed to give your own rabies vacs in MN, I don't live in MN but have a MN address and usually have them shipped to a friend in SD so I can give my own. Save major $$ on that alone! Another place to check is Omaha Vaccine, they are usually pretty competitive.
You are right, we can't ship our own rabies vaccination. Sure wish we could. I use to give all my own vaccinations till the coggins test came out. Then I had to have the vet out any way. At first he charged me 10.00 a shot to give, he found out that was a no go with me and I still bought my own shots. So he wouldn't charge me and I had him do everything for just the cost of shots. Well, I have been a client for 16 years. Last year we vaccinated 13 horses at about 200.00 each. Now I plan on just having him do the rabies, and coggins. He is going to find out that this new payment method will hurt his business. Just us alone he will have a loss of 700.00 to 1000.00.

Latest posts

Back