Urine test...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punky

Reaction score
Hi, I did the urine foal proof test on a mare that i wasn`t sure if she was bred or not.

There is a bright red line under the C mark, and a very very faint pinkish color on the

T mark. And i mean it is almost invisible. This is the first time i have used these tests.

How would you take that as a positive or negative result?

I can`t post a pic till tomorrow of the test, i took a few but the T line is so faint it

didn`t show up on the pictures only the positive showed up.

Thanks for any help and replies...

Tina

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that exact same reading and was told it is negative.

The ghost line that they discuss in there instructions is really not like that at all (could be explained a bit better)

so yes if you see a line and then a complete very faint line that is a negative according to what I was told.

Thanks for the replies, I still think i will have her checked just to be sure.

Thanks again all...

Tina

Mine was like that too, it´s considerd a negative, the second line was very faint.

Here´s a pic from Quartermoonfarms website

Hi, i finally got the pictures off of my camera so here is one of the tests that i did.

You can`t see the other red line in it.

100_2514.jpg

Thanks,

Tina

I can see the faint pink line, so sorry, I believe it to be negative
default_sad.png

I used the blood tests last year, and this year I'm trying both, they arrived in the post today :aktion033:

Just out of interest, here are my last year's blood results. All were positive, and all produced live healthy foals.

bloodtests.jpg

The top one has a very faint line, but one nevertheless.

The bottom one is redder because the serum didn't separate out so well. But the test was still valid.

Mine was exactly like you showed yours with a very faint line and it was negative.. her "foaling" date has come and gone she was bred only 2 times so it was correct.

Thanks for the replies, I sent the test out to the lady i bought it from,.

She only came into heat once and didn`t show any signs of coming back

into heat, she wouldn`t let my stallion near her. She was palpated (spelling)

about month ago, and said they felt something there. If she is close to the

300 days would it give a negative? Thanks for any help.

This is the mare, does she look like she is bred? Sorry about the mud, she likes

to roll in it.

100_2484.jpg

Tina

According to the information sheet that came with my urine tests yesterday, you can test from 120 days right up until the due date, and get a valid result.

Thanks everyone, I`m going to go with everyone else, but i will still keep

a eye on her anyways. Better safe than sorry. :bgrin

Where can you buy the urine tests? And how soon can you test to see if they took? I have a mare that I am uncertain that she took.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that two lines no matter if the second line is faint is negative. One solid line is positive.

I have used them on all my mares, and truely know from experience not just the selling part of it, I found the easiest way to test my mares too is I take a thin maxi pad and shipping tape(can be picked up at any dollar general store for a 1.00) I put the pad on her and take the tape clear to her right and left sides of her hips, it holds in on there in place so when she pees it absorbs it, before taking it off you can tell if she has pee'd, I then wring it out in a little dixie cup, I take the little bulb suringe that comes with it and draw it up then mix it in the little vile and then I put the now mixed urine in the test with the bulb suringe.

Walla !!! The tests is done.

I love the tests, they do work and are accurate. Good Luck and anyone can email me or PM me. Thanks Lynne

Latest posts

Back