URGENT- NEED HELP!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly's Run Minis

Reaction score
This morning i went to put Misty out and noticed that after a few breaths she would gasp. she would suck in a quick breath like she couldnt breath. she's not in any pain-she's still bucking, rearing, bossing pasture mates around, she's acting like herself except for the gasping. what should i do??? should i call the vet-which is my gut feeling to do-or should i leave it until the vet comes this Tuesday to give shots and check teeth???

i am so scared- i dont know what i would do if it was something serious and i lost her
default_bye-sad.gif
she's my whole life and she means more to me than.....i dont know. i cant explain. Please help me!!!!

I think you have clearly answered your own question...YES! Call the vet! Better to be safe than sorry. She may have something lodged in her throat or something...no way to know without a vet examination. Good Luck! I would stop her from eating too until you have a vet look at her! No grain, no hay!! Probably not even water.

Good luck, sending good thoughts and prayers your way, hope she will be ok!

Hoping everything is alright with your little girl.
default_yes.gif

Anna

so the vet thinks its most likely a reaction to all the pollen in the area, which makes sense(my moms car went from black to yellow this morning!). she said its not choke because Misty isnt coughing and is acting otherwise normal. she said just give her 4 benadryl and 2 aspirin daily and she'll see if its working when she comes on Tuesday to do the yearly visit. thank god it wasnt choke though
default_aktion033.gif

thats good news , is benadryl an anti-histamine?
Yes. Actually its an over the counter allergy med for people, at least under the Benadryl name it is. Active ingredient is: Diphenhydramine

My car was yellow today too and it's supposed to be black. Boy do I feel embarrassed driving that thing! It's probably the pollen. My dogs don't like it either. My chow chow tends to gasp a little like she can't breathe even when she's fine and she drinks a lot of water and does the little "sneezes" that dogs do. Vet said it's allergies. Just gotta give some allergy relief and learn to cope
default_sad.png

Back