Upton, Mass. Rescue effort

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniec

Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on the Upton, Mass. Rescue effort? Was supposed to be a hearing before a judge on Dec. 20th or so? Original post was by Millstone Farm.

I apologize for not posting sooner. Things have been a bit crazy and I have had very limited access to this forum.

Here is an update from Cindy Moses:

Hello Everyone - First of all a big thank you to all of you who sent emails to the court and contacted media outlets. I honestly believe that we had an impact, and that the case is moving in a positive (for the horses) direction because of our efforts.

The 'motion to suppress' that was the reason for the hearing, did not happen. Please excuse my lack of legal terminology and procedure. Instead a kind of 'settlement' was proposed by the defense. This proposal has been taken under advisement by the prosecution, and will be presented to the court in its negotiated form at - you guessed it - another hearing, scheduled for Thursday Jan. 5. Please be assured that we are working closely with the prosecutor, the ever patient Bob Shea, toward an acceptable outcome. We are all still of course very aware of the time of year and the weather. These creaky legal wheels turn much too slowly, but I know for a fact that your efforts have made them squeak very loudly!

If any of you have questions or suggestions, please call or email me and I will answer what I can, and pass along your thoughts. Thank you again for helping in this frustrating battle. I do believe there may be an end in sight.

Cindy Moses, President and Rescue Committee Chair

Northeast Miniature Horse Club

miniec said:
Does anyone have an update on the Upton, Mass. Rescue effort?  Was supposed to be a hearing before a judge on Dec. 20th or so?  Original post was by Millstone Farm.
526451[/snapback]

Thanks for the update and keep us posted. I hope someone is able to keep an eye on these horses in the mean time. With the cold weather and poor feeding, they are still at such a risk. So sad.

Latest posts

Back