Update on special present,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
My grandson Tommy is a huge light in my life, he is also autistic.

The horses have brought him around so much it is unbelievable. Prints has always been very special to him and although 4 years old now he refers to Prints as his foal,,,and I want to make that happen for him,,,at least on the AMHR paperwork. I know I can't get them back by Christmas but am getting it started for Christmas.

So, I want to keep my name on there. How do I add a name? It will say "or". Being a youth makes no difference, right?

Going to make copies of the paperwork, put it in a double 8x10 frame, the other side will be a picture of him and Prints.

Don't want to mess up the paperwork, so what do I do to get Tommys name on there?

Thanks for your help!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have added our daughter to a couple of our horses' paperwork and had to go through the full transfer of ownership steps, even though we were keeping our names on there too.....AND paid the fee.

Just be sure not to alter the original papers, but to make a copy to show him what is going to be........

I just registered a pony into my and my daughter's names so that she will rightfully be Mickey's. I put "Mickey Rafter or Lori Rafter" on the papers - that way I can do any paperwork that needs done in future but Mickey has her name first and Hope is HERS.

If you have a scanner, you can scan the papers and print them out, which makes an excellent color copy. I do that with all our papers, Coggins, etc.

Thanks Milo

I have a scanner,,,I can alter the scanned copy!!! Great, thanks so very much!!!!

Merry Christmas!!! Yeah!

Well, we scanned the papers altered them, and put Tommys name on as the owner. It was the last present he opened up this morning. The paper was framed and on the top. He got it out and read part of it. I asked him what it said. He read the AMHR part, and then I asked him who was the horse, and who did the paper say was the owner. He looked up at me and said it's me, from Muncie IN,,,grandma that's me! I own a horse and this paper is my proof,,,grandma let's go tell Prints!! Also in the box was a new halter and lead. So in 35 mph wind and a good 6 inches of mud, we headed to the barn. We get to the barn and he runs to Prints to hug her. He then pulls out the framed paperwork that I didn't know he had tucked under his coat. He holds the frame up to Prints and says,,,see Prints, this makes it true, you are my own special horse and I promise to love you and treat you with special care for as long as we live. This is an exciting day for both of us. Prints, is this your best Christmas? And yes, I had a tear or two in my eye.

We came in the house and he kept going on and on how unbelievable it was he owned a horse. He'd go to the window and say dad, come here, there's my horse. Now remember, he has been around this horse since the day she was born. He and I sat and made a folder for Prints. I looked at my work schedule so we made a schedule for him to come over and take care of her. He also made me a list of things I was to do for her on the days he wasn't here. Included on the list was talking to her and explaining why Tommy wasn't there today, he told me Prints understands just make sure to tell her.

Before they left I asked him if he had a good Christmas, he said, when I'm 50 years old and someone asks me if I remember my best Christmas, I know I will say the Christmas I got my first horse. He then pulled a dollar from his pocket, it was to get special treats for her until he got back on Sunday.

He called me right after supper, how's Prints? Did she eat ok? Did you talk to her? Is she in the barn, its kind of cold out?

I know for all of us our horses are special, but I can't describe how beyond special this was for a little boy who shares his thoughts only with a horse. As he said, she understands.

Bonnie told me 4 years ago how very special Prints was, and although I did know, today I felt it deeply.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Thanks for posting that - it brought tears to my eyes!!! What a wonderful story.

I am reading this with tears in my eyes.It sounds like Prints knows how special your grandson is and how much he loves her.I really believe animals have a unique understanding of special needs people.We have several Minis in our club who can be holy terrors until you take them around someone in a wheelchair or a special needs person and then they become very docile.Prints has a very special person to love her and sounds like she returns that love to him.You made somebody's Christmas very special and he will never forget this Christmas or his special grandma.This is what the season is all about.

To those who say "What are they good for?" Well, you only have to read something as special as this story to know that miniature horses are blessed little beasts that are put in this world for the one true purpose of bringing joy to the lives of all of us who are fortunate enough to be "owned" by one.

Great story Frankie, and what a special way to end my Christmas day with such a loving tribute --

Thank you . . .

Stacy

Thanks for sharing that. AS others have already said this is a true Christmas story and reminds us how we all need to go back to the basics of loving each other and our animals, instead of the materialistic ways that has become Christmas of late. Brought tears to my eyes and my wife will tell you that doesn't happen often.

What a very special bond you 3 have. Beautiful story. But then life is full of beautiful stories. It's just all too often we don't have the priviledge of hearing them. I have an idea this was a very special Christmas to Carolyn too.

Wow! What an incredibly neat story and wonderful gift that is TRULY appreciated.

I loved reading it.

Susan O.

That is so darn cute.........

I really love the part about him giving you instructions!
default_wub.png

see Prints, this makes it true, you are my own special horse and I promise to love you and treat you with special care for as long as we live. This is an exciting day for both of us. Prints, is this your best Christmas?
This has got to be one of the most special Christmas stories I've ever heard! Thanks for sharing it with.

::::must find that darn kleenex box:::::

How awesome! You need to write it up as a story and send it to the AMHA "Mini tales" or EQUUS for their "True Tales" stories!

Lucy

I had tears running, reading that!
default_wub.png

You should sent that in to the MHW
default_yes.gif

Thanks for making our Christmas special reading about yours. Merry Christmas to all of your family. Thanks for sharing.

What a beautiful story........That's worth sharing with the magazine.......
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back