Update on my smoking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintnthings

Reaction score
Just thought I would pop in and update the ones of you that might want to know how it is going. I'm down to 1 pack a day, and gearing up to kick that one out as well! Anytime I have tried to quit before I would use hard candy as a substitute for something in my mouth, so this time I am going to try to use something that is good for me. My daughter loves "finger" jello, so am making some but using Goji instead of the cold water. That way we both get to have something good!! I also love to chew ice cubes, so thought what the heck...I'm freezing some Goji as we speak.

Teresa

you can do it Teresa, I have faith in you! and the juce!

Lyn

You go girl! You CAN do it! :aktion033:

I did it (quit) and if you need a buddy to talk to, I'm just an email away!

I'm down to 1 pack a day
Wowzers!!! That's a lot of smoking...I wish you the very best! You CAN do it! I am a quitter too...it's been six years now. Just the cost of a package here, would deter me now...I think it's almost $10.pkg!!!

Good for you Teresa!!! You can do it!!!

I quit March of this year, I used the patch and haven't smoked since and didn't even get the urge.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Leslie

I tried the patch...I could still smoke at least 2 packs a day, while wearing the patch. I tried the lozenges :smileypuke: that was never going to work
default_wacko.png
: Then I got Goji for other reasons, and this seems to be a pleasant side effect!

Teresa

[SIZE=12pt]Teresa, I smoked for over twenty years and LOVED it. I quit 18 months ago when I got pregnant with my daughter. (I had also quit when I got pregnant with my son four years ago but started back.) This time I was determined to stay quit for my own health and I also didn't want my kids to have to have to be around the smoke. I just wanted to tell you that I don't think anyone enjoyed smoking more than me. Not starting back this time was the HARDEST thing I have ever done. So if I can do it, you can too. Keep your head up and stay focused for your health and for you kids. That jello and goji idea sounds wonderful! The best of luck to you...
default_yes.gif
: Shannon
[/SIZE]

You can do it, if I can, you sure can. I smoked my last on Thanksgiving day 1987, a month after watching my mother die of lung cancer. Any time I was tempted to light up, I thought of her. I also 'smoked' pens, and carrot sticks and that helped a lot as well.

Go for it, and do it for your children, don't make them sit there and watch you die of something so preventable!

Good for you!!!!! I smoked in college, stopped 5 years ago. It is tough. I had to completely change my daily routine. It is also tough when you attend functions where you hang out with the smoker crowd and go outside to smoke as a group. You will feel better when you have quit completely but it takes time. I like the feeling that I am not out of breath when I climb stairs. Just as a warning: I have a friend that quit and he had some heart problems. He quit cold-turkey. He went on a planned program with his doctor. So far he has been a non-smoker for almost a year and hasn't had anymore heart problems.

Keep up the good work. You'll get there :aktion033:

You can do it :aktion033:

Sounds like you have a plan...and you need a plan, that's for sure.

I quit over 3 years ago...

And, Shannon I beg to differ with you :eek:

I enjoyed it MORE than anyone
default_wink.png
:

The gum worked for me.
default_yes.gif
:

Let me give you or anyone a helpful hint when using the gum.

DON"T chew it like they tell you to. :no:

*On the day you have decided to quit...go as long as you possibly can before you chew the gum and when that time comes chew the gum as they state in the directions....but still continue to chew the gum as you would smoke...when you crave it.

The reason for this, is you will feel the benefit of the gum...it works...the gum calms you almost imediately
default_yes.gif
:

This is my second time quitting using the gum.

The first time I quit for 9 years while going through my child bearing years..

then going through a divorce was a real good excuse to start up again
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Each time I chewed the gum for about 4 months or so.

My Hubby still chews gum...but that is OK...he smoked for over 30 yrs without ever quitting.

I am so proud of him!

Also another hint....is "Sunflower Seeds"....they sure helped keep my mouth & hands busy
default_yes.gif
:

Good Luck!! You'll do it!!

my Husband and I both quit in April 06. He had a pulmanary embolism and so it scared us so badly that we both just put them down and quit. He smoked 3 packs a day. You can do it. Start Quilting or something and it will keep your hands busy. Start exercising and you will be able to tell a difference. I feel so much better since I quit and I love not smelling like cigarettes anymore. Good luck and you can do it.

Latest posts

Back