Update on my "sad situation" topic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
My dear friend, a non horsey person offered to buy him. She was really going to buy him to give to me.

The family debated for 2 days and then told her tonight when she visited that they could not part with him. The daughter said she loves him and the father said he is my buddy I can't sell him
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

However, the good news is. The offer to buy him seems to have brought about some changes. When my friend visited today she said the whole family were outside talking about Red and the daughter was brushing him and then took him for a walk.

The mother confided in my friend that she would love to sell him BUT said it was not her decision
default_unsure.png
:

He is stalled in a 6X6 "stall" in the garage, according to my friend.

Now that the converstaion has begun I am going to suggest she mention my interest in a visit.

I am going to try and educate them, again :eek: , about Red's best interests.

I am also going to offer free board for him at my house during the summer, they can pay for his feed/hoofcare.

I am hoping this will open up a discussion about Red's needs and perhaps rehoming him.

This is NOT ideal but I feel that it is a tiny step in the right direction.

Thansk for all your advice and support on this matter.

Well, now they at least know they have a buyer lined up if they change their mind. If you do end up talking with them about boarding, maybe you could really push the "horses are herd animals" angle, that you'd like him to have some horse companionship for at least part of the year, then maybe they'd take you up on that boarding idea, knowing that they are doing a nice thing for their little companion without having to completely part with him.

And if they take you up on your offer to free board him for the summer, perhaps they will learn that they really CAN live without him, and may change their minds. Good Luck, and thanks for the update.

I think the free board idea is a great one. Either they will miss him terribly and appreciate him more and come out a lot and spend time with him and in the meantime will learn more about appropriate care and needs that he has OR they won't be out to see him hardly at all and will completely lose interest and decide they don't want him anymore.

Either way you will know what is going on and know that he is being well cared for and such.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I think you should cruise on over there and see things for yourself.

The people decided not to sell him to your friend. But that doesn't mean that they won't sell him to YOU!

Not that your friend isn't capable of relaying the information, but sometimes, things like this are better done yourself.

I think you should jump in your car, and go over there and see what's going on.

Strike up a conversation, and don't forget to bring pie!

There's a good chance they will react differently to you............Go!

Latest posts

Back