update on my nephew

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
My nephew who was hurt in the dozer accident walked 34 steps! The doctors are amazed. They figured it would take as long as 8 or 9 months to get him to the point he is at now. He told them being able to walk again was not an option, he would walk out of the re-hab center.

He is healing well also, the stitches from the surgery to repair his back were taken out yesterday, the x-rays show that his broken ribs are beginning to heal. He is still in the clamshell brace to keep his ribs from moving but he is doing very well.

He is an amazing man and I am very proud of him.

His wife had an ultrasound done Monday and they are having a girl. When the staff at the re-hab center found out, they brought them a pink cake. This will be their 4th child and only girl. They have a 9 year old son and twin boys that are 2.

Thank You for all the prayers and good thoughts, keep them coming, they work!

Mary

That is great news Mary. He is a very determined man that is for sure. His family and you wil be in my continued thoughts and prayers.

Yes, that is wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us posted on his condition and continued prayers for his recovery.

Mary, I was unaware of the accident he had, but I'm very happy to hear that he's doing so well towards his recovery! Whenever I hear of those wonderful stories, it's very uplifting. Why is it that some people recover from absolutely dreadful accidents in which they are not expected to get well from, and others just succumb? I know that personal will and inner strength have a lot to do with it!

Latest posts

Back