update on Little Man

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Just thought I would let you know that Little Man is doing well, he is actually healthy, just malnourished. He is eating well and is beautiful under the mud and manure. I managed to get some of it off of him and he is a nicely marked pinto.

Of course he found a big patch of mud and immediately undid most of the grooming.

He met me at the gate with a whinny and followed me into the barn to eat.

He is feeling lots better and when we were there yesterday morning he blasted out of the barn, tossed his head and broke into one of the most beautiful trots I have ever seen.

He even made my non-horsey hubby go "WOW".

He moves like a well trained dressage horse. Tucks his head, flags his tail and steps high. Not a fast trot, just a really slow, really pretty jog, looks like he is floating, and has springs in his feet.

I can't wait to get this guy in harness!

Hubby and I discussed it and we are going to wait to geld him, we can fence him a pasture near the mares but where he can see them. I didn't want to geld him anyway until he is healthier.

I will get him fattened up and his feet trimmed then find someone to measure him. If he is under 38" I'll hardship him. I think he is right at 38" but I'm not a good judge.

He is very laid back and very sweet. Hasn't offered to bite or kick, loves hugs, gave me no problems about checking his feet. Only thing was, he didn't want me messing with the knot in his mane. That is driving me nuts, I haven't ever had a horse with a knot in it's mane because I groom them twice a day.

I think he might have a two tone tail under the mud but it may be all white like his mane and just stained.

I was going to post some pictures but my stupid scanner just said NOPE.

I'll see if I can borrow somebodies scanner and get some pictures posted.

Just wanted to let you know that everything happens for a reason, this little guy even has my hubby interested! I think he is a keeper even though I really didn't want him.

Mary

That's great, Mary. Sounds like you have a diamond in the rough!

Thanks for the update!

Maryann (MA)

Latest posts

Back