Unlimited Classes for Only $45!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
Looking to show over the Fourth of July weekend? And also looking to get the biggest bang for your buck in a wretched economy?

The Minnesota Miniature Horse Club is offering three top-flight shows for minis and Shetland ponies at the low, low price of $45 for unlimited classes.

There's an AMHR show. And an ASPC show. And an AMHA show.

And each show offers as many classes as you want to enter for that economical $45 fee. A low single-class fee also is available.

The AMHR and ASPC shows will be held July 3 and 4 at the ultra-modern Minnesota Equestrian Center in Winona, MN. On July 5, there will be an AMHA show at the same location in the southeastern corner of the state.

It's one of the best deals you'll find anywhere and, as a bonus, the judges for the AMHR and ASPC shows are 2009 AMHR Nationals judges Pat Sanders and Tim Parkinson as well as former national judge Kim Seipp.

Parkinson and Seipp will judge the AMHA show, along with Ginny Larson.

Amenities include more than 300 Stalls, a 100 foot by 210 foot show ring, an 80 by 130 indoor warm up arena, heated wash stalls, shower facilities, a tack shop, and a restaurant -- all under one roof. There's also an outdoor warm up arena, electrical hook-ups, and hotel rooms within five miles of the facility.

There will be a free exhibitor dinner Saturday night, door prizes, and participation awards and a pizza party for all youth exhibitors.

For more information, contact show manager Jeanne Bragagnini at 269-979-3392 or e-mail her at [email protected]

And let us know right here on the Forum if you're planning or even just thinking about attending.

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a MMHC board member. My family has a busy three weekends in a row planned. Before the MMHC show in Winona, we'll be in Des Moines on back-to-back weekends for the AMHR/ASPC four-judge show and the AMHR/ASPC Area VI National Show. Late June and early July is a great time to be showing minis and Shetlands in the Upper Midwest. You have shows three weekends in a row and can exhibit under eight judges -- and get as many points as you'd get under 10 judges because the Area VI National show counts for triple points.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will attend......LOVE the top notch facilities, club that puts this show on and the friendly people! This is a CLASSY, fun show!

Attended this show several times and it is thee BEST show.......Winona area is scenically gorgeous and very affordable to visit....great restaurants/hotels. The show you want to be at EVERY year!

My sincere thanks to the MN club for putting this show on.....your dedication/hard work is appreciated!

Does anyone know the cost of the stalls and shavings ?

I think stalls are $50, and you are required to buy 2 bags of shavings per stall at a cost of $6 or $7 per bag.

Stalls were $55 last year, and I anticipate that fee staying the same.

Our club president expects to have the contract finalized with the Winona facility later today and if there is a change in the stall fee I will post it immediately.

Exhibitors had to purchase two bags of shavings last year; they were $6 a bag.

Our club makes no money on the stalls or shavings. The facility's price is your price.

You can stall two minis in each stall and keep the stall for the AMHR/ASPC and AMHA shows.

I went last year for the first time and was already looking forward to going back the next year on the ride home....lol. Great show and I am already looking forward to it......

Bob,

What ASPC classes are you anticipating - will you only include Classic and Foundation or go all the way up to ASPR?

Thanks!

Anyone interested in knowing what classes will be included for Shetlands and ASPR ponies should contact show manager Jeanne Bragagnini. Her contact information is in the first post.

There will be a full slate of AMHR mini classes, including Versatility and Western Country Pleasure.

Just wanted to add......it's really nice that the MN Club puts on the meal for exhibitors.....it was the one time I didn't have to think or plan about a meal that weekend....and believe me that is appreciated. It's a really nice treat you offer, THANKS!

Also.....this facility was so easy to find....just a stone's throw off the interstate.....electrical plug ins above each stall......and windows above the stalls that can be opened or closed for ventilation.

Bob........will there be a photographer at the show?

We'll try to be there. I've been looking and waiting for the Mn. shows to appear on the AMHR events page.

Bob, you could make it a full month. Go to the Pinto show in Tulsa, hit cedar Rapids, then Des Moines, and Winona on the way home! LOL

Will there be get of sire or produce of dam classes for AMHR and can we get the show bill or entry forms online or do we need to contact the show manager to get it mailed to us?

Sandee:

We'd love to go to the Pinto show. We went in 2005, but it's become cost prohibitive for us. For the number of classes we'd want to do, I'd be left with less money than somebody who invested in a Ponzi scheme.

Back