Ultra Boss pour on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhondaalaska

Reaction score
Hi I am looking at this product that was mentioned on another post.

Joanne posted it.

Here is her post

Posted Today, 05:04 PM

I did a lot of research last year and this is my new best friend. Apply following directions for horses and draw the liquid up using an appropriate sized syringe.

http://www.valleyvet...CFQLhQgod63MAxA

You like this Unlike

Conformation in a Colorful Package!

Joanne Abramson

Pacific Pintos Miniature Horse Farm

Pacific Pintos.

Here are my questions

I saw that you apply this down thier backs and on thier faces, if you use this how do you apply it so it doesn't go in the horses eyes.

How often do you apply this for lice?

How often do you apply it for fly and mosquito control.

Thank you

This is simular to what you use for flea control on dogs. It is pyrethryn based (chrystamums flower derived).

It is very useful for lice which is a common problem with the miniature horses heavy winter coat.

I follow the directions which if I remember correctly is to use it about once every 21-28 days. Often just one treatment is necessary. Sometimes additional treatments are useful. It can also be used for the "no see ums" which many horses are alergic to, bot flys, mosquitos etc. in the summer months.

You apply it with a syringe (no needle attached) to get the right dose based on the weight of the horse. You start at the dock of the tail, going against the natural lay of the hair, up the spine and to the head. I do not go down to the nose, but stop at the forelock. You are not near the eyes at all.

If there are areas of the body that are rubbed bare, you treat them lightly as well. This is done ONLY ONCE in 21-28 days. It is good to either wash the horse in warm weather or groom them well before putting this on. If you have a horse vaccum, use it on the back where you are going to apply it. Also, apply using gloves on your hands.

Thank you so much.

I am going to get some. I like that you only apply it once a month

And not several times aday as with some sprays.

And that it works on so many things

Is there any need to be concerned with the mini or mini pasture mates licking or chewing this product? I need something to repel mosquitoes and flies and would like to use this product, if it wouldn't be poisonous if ingested accidentally.

It is absorbed through the skin quite rapidly. I have had no problems in the last year of using it.

I think the key is to follow directions and not put on too much. A few cc's is all that is needed to do the job.

Again this is like the monthly flea control we put on our dogs and cats.

I ordered some today, I had a hard time finding a place that would send it to Alaska.

I will let you know how it works for us here.

This is simular to what you use for flea control on dogs. It is pyrethryn based (chrystamums flower derived).

It is very useful for lice which is a common problem with the miniature horses heavy winter coat.

I follow the directions which if I remember correctly is to use it about once every 21-28 days. Often just one treatment is necessary. Sometimes additional treatments are useful. It can also be used for the "no see ums" which many horses are alergic to, bot flys, mosquitos etc. in the summer months.

You apply it with a syringe (no needle attached) to get the right dose based on the weight of the horse. You start at the dock of the tail, going against the natural lay of the hair, up the spine and to the head. I do not go down to the nose, but stop at the forelock. You are not near the eyes at all.

If there are areas of the body that are rubbed bare, you treat them lightly as well. This is done ONLY ONCE in 21-28 days. It is good to either wash the horse in warm weather or groom them well before putting this on. If you have a horse vaccum, use it on the back where you are going to apply it. Also, apply using gloves on your hands.
Hi I know this post is old but I am desperate to clear up lice. My horses get it so bad in the winter they have very dense coats here in Northern Utah. Will this work even on a thick coat? I can't shave this time of year it is just too cold. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried this product - but I have used some where I used a syringe to get the product down under the hair on the skin. I would think the main thing would be to use ONLY the amount specified and using the syringe get it down by the skin.

Let us know what you use and how it works.

Back