Ugh Body Clipping Already?!?!?!?!?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret Hills Ranch

Reaction score
Is it just me or are everyone's minis already turning into wooly mammoth's??!?!?!?! I think I'm going to go ahead and start body clipping. Every time I work them they just drip sweat because of all their hair.... Is it too early to think about clipping them?

CLIP!!! At this time of year???? I don't know what your weather is doing but over here we are heading into Autumn! I am only too glad to allow the midget Yak look at this time of year- they all live out form now on anyway.

I don't know where you live either but here in the US anyways its turning fall and I see that Fall and Spring weather is too unpredictable. We dropped 20 degrees at night just recently and boy I feel sorry for our horses that went to AMHR Nationals. If you must clip do a head and neck clip, defintelly do not body clip at this time of year
new_shocked.gif

No way. Today it is 46 and 40 mph winds. I want my wooly mammoths.

I'm in San Diego luckily.... It's been in the 90's here and they're dressed for 10 below!!!!! I feel bad for em!!!!!

We are still doing some body clipping...after all, when the nights are 50-60, and the days are 90+...that hair is a bit much.

Now, if they aren't driving/working, I would not clip. However, if you are driving and they are overheating, you can do a traced clip(lower portion of body, not legs).

[SIZE=14pt]People keep asking me if Roy is a Shetland!!He is sooooo harry!!Cute though![/SIZE]

It's hot - hot - hot here - 95 + degrees! I don't clip this late in the year, I just have the fans running to help keep my guys cool!!!
aktion033.gif

39 degrees last night. but it will warm up this weekend again. our weather is so up and down this year....south central wisconsin. jennifer
saludando.gif

Yeah, it's been miserably hot. We've been driving all of our guys on a daily basis. They get real hot. I've got to get them clipped, poor guys...
sad.gif
They've even been sweating just sitting in their stalls on these hot days.... I pulled my senior stallion out of his stall and he had a good neck sweat going, mind you, he has a fan!!!!!!! I think he'll be the first to clip.

If our school does an equestrian team I am going to have to keep Chantilly clipped and blanketed from December 1st-May something. I feel really bad, but I can and will double blanket her with a regular mini sheet underneath, and a Rambo foal blanket on top (very warm)

Girlfriend whereyouat, like Hawaii or something?

hehe.......mine are clipped, well about a month ago. It's still be hot as heck here in the low 90's but now today we just go a cool front and wowie! I went out this morning in my shorts and tee shirt to feed and one step out the door and came running back in heck bent for election and grabbed my jacket and thought oh goodness I bet they are cold. They grew a lot of their hair back overnight! Ain't mother nature grand sometimes?

Yep, yaks R Us right now. I body clipped a filly yesterday (left her legs alone though) for a buyer who wanted to make sure this-

MVC-022S.jpg

Would turn into this-

dec50635.jpg

It was in the high thirties last night (from 90's last week), but she had a blankey and a stall heater.

Latest posts

Back