Two for one new foal.... What????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic

Reaction score
We had our first foal born at our home and the kids couldn't be more excited. I hate to mention him to anyone, because the second question is.... "what color is he?" Well, it looks like God took the top half of a grey horse and put it on a silver dapple on the bottom. His head is dark dark gray, as is his back and shoulders. His bottom half is silver... a very light silver.. he has white socks... I didn't think color was a difficult question. But what the heck color is he???? No doubt his head is dark gray... no doubt his bottom half is a very light gray/silver... and no doubt his legs have socks on... that are very very white. His Momma is all black... his Daddy is a sorrel and white.

He is also brother to our black "R" mini Black Magic. I am so glad I didn't loose the line when we gelded Mag. Mag is such a great driving horse.

But what the heck color is his little brother????? The people we purchased his Mom from and Mag too, said that he will turn out to be a pinto in 30 days.... or maybe he'll turn all silver... or all gray... The lines around his middle section are too distinct...

Anyone have any ideas??? He looks like two horses put together to the wrong horse!!!!

Thanks in Advance..

God Bless,

Lynn W

P.S. He's already a little pistol... charging around the front yard at a few hours old... He sort of runs sideways right now... Lol... Maybe we should name him HAPPY FEET... Lol..

Sounds like a regualar black to me foals are almost always born with light lower legs and often also their belly that´s just a natural camouflage thing.

A picture would be much easier though. ;)

default_wub.png
: congrats

would love to see photos.

Congratulations..........and I want to see a picture of this fascinating sounding little guy!

MA

very hard to say without pics.
default_yes.gif
:

but just guessing, maybe silver dapple pinto, and the pinto is sabino? sabino is feathered in similar to roan, so it could be causing his lower half to be lighter, and the white legs. the "lines" could be the edge of the pinto, and the gray appearance of the bottom could be the sabino at work to the belly area.

also babies do have lighter legs when they are born, as a camoflage thing.

would love to see pics, he sounds beautiful!!!

Latest posts

Back