TWO foals at a time ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been taking bets the last few days of which of the next two mares that were due to foal would have a go first. :lol: Both of them have looked as if they were about to burst and could foal any day for the last week. Yesterday evening, the time had obviously come.

LM Blue Magic Love Potion read the book very, very carefully and in no time delivered a beautiful, leggy pinto colt. :aktion033: I assume that he is either sorrel pinto or silver bay pinto (his dam is a silver bay).

While I was still helping to dry the little boy, my Sids Rebel daughter Lucky Four Rebels Living Doll decided that it was time for her, too, and delivered a stunning all white colt with blue eyes. :new_shocked:

The two boys are not only born at approximately the same time, but they are also paternal half brothers ... they are our much anticipated first foals sired by our Champion Farms Nighthawk son, LM Hawks Stand Out Loud ... and I'm simply stunned at the wonderful foals Stand Out Loud and the girls have allowed me to have!
default_yes.gif
:

Here are pictures of the parents and foals:

First born foal:

Potioncolt01.jpg

Potioncolt02.jpg

This is his mommy, LM Blue Magic Love Potion:

Potion.jpg

Foal #2:

Dollcolt01.jpg

Dollcolt02.jpg

And his mommy, Lucky Four Rebels Living Doll, a Reserve National Champion daughter of Sids Rebel:

Doll.jpg

The proud sire of both boys is our beloved LM Hawks Stand Out Loud, Supreme Halter Champion and son of the one and only Champion Farms Nighthawk:

Stan.jpg

Thanks for letting me share

:saludando: Conny

PS: For you color experts: I need a little help in determining the color of the "white" colt. His dam is a silver dapple (her sire is sorrel, dam is silver dapple) and his sire is a bay tovero (sire is bay tovero, dam is solid dun), so the little one definitely is no form of "grey". I'm pretty sure that he is a maximum expressed overo, but I don't know as which color I should have him registered? The easiest way would of course be "solid white", but it is not true, since he is some form of pinto ... but how can I find out his base color? Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both adorable! Congratulations :aktion033:

Congratulations on 2 cute foals!!! I'm no help on colors...sorry! I do worry when I see all-white foals out of parent's with overo genes but this one's mane looks silverish to me and you say they eyes are blue....so I think you're okay there. Good luck deciding the color!(I'm thinking silver).

The little one looks like a maximum something!!!

I am presuming both parents are tested LWO free??

I would test him for Red and Black- and Agouti.

That way you can at least say- for example- Bay based maximum expression Pinto DNA tested- that they cannot argue with, surely??
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Congrats on those stunning colts!!!!!!!!!!!! All your foals have been wild and wonderful this year, u are doing great. To be sure on the color just pull some mane hairs and send them for genetic testing then u will know for sure. Sometimes the results can be amazing.

Oh my goodness!!! Just "TWO" precious!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Super congrats!
default_yes.gif
:

They are both so pretty. I love your silver dapple mare, she is a doll. I'm no color help at all but congratulations on two gorgeous boys :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your new babies. They are gorgeous and sounds like they have great timing.

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Sorry, I've been offline for a while, but thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for the nice words!
default_smile.png

Yet more beautiful foals !!!
Congratulations - is that you finished this year ?
No, we're not finished yet with foaling season ... the fillies are yet to come, you know! :lol:

:saludando: Conny

Latest posts

Back