Turnout advice for ADS show- matching metals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to be showing in an ADS carriage driving show next month.The show has Turn out, Dressage, Working, Cones, Gamblers and a Mini Marathon. I will be showing in my black cart with black metals wheels. My harness is black leather with brass hardware and gold trim. The cart is all black except the nuts for the wheels they are steel/ silver.

Should I try to find brass nuts for the turnout class?

I am not sure how safe brass nuts will be for cones etc.

Should I just paint the steel nuts gold to be safe?

Thanks

Hi Al.

It's th Houston Area Carriage Association Pleasure Show. I bet you know a little about it since you are one of the organizers.

Ashley

I would just take a paint marker and cover the bolts...easy to do, and nothing to worry about. I wouldn't consider brass nuts safe at all.

That's a great idea, Sue. Just get a metallic pen in brass -- if they don't have them in the variety store, check at an art supply store. The ink in these pens is totally opaque, very metallic and works on any surface.

I got a great suggestion from a member of another forum- Paint the nuts black. This solves all my problems. Easy to touch up and it will match any harness,

Thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say...paint them black! That's what most people do with whip holders or other parts that are troublesome. Besides, certain parts like nuts and bolts, wire wheel spokes, bit cheeks, etc. don't really count on the "mixed metals" thing. You don't see people using brass bits with brass harness, do you?

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back