Tucker, Mazie and the rest....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Okay--here's Tucker. Looks like his daddy, Jazz here, doesn't he?

020.jpg

025-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Next to Gypsy... he's a big boy, as tall as Rosie. Jazz was NOT a size reducer, for sure. But, I don't mine, I like them this size.

009-1.jpg

More coming....

Mazie.... she is a pip---a pocket pony who can not keep her muzzle out of ANYTHING! But what a beautiful pest.
default_laugh.png

This shows her personality perfectly....

018.jpg

LOVE her mane---and she's only two. Rosie's mane has never been this long.

003-3.jpg

This is the two headed horse shot.
default_laugh.png

005-3.jpg

Now for Gypsy--Mazie's mama, can't you tell?

015.jpg

And everyone's friend, Chloe--Tucker's dam:

006-2.jpg

more coming...

Last edited by a moderator:
And some group shots.
default_smile.png

We're on dry lots now... once the rains have subsided a bit, I'll start letting some (never Rosie) on that back pasture with muzzles...

024.jpg

Love this one--Tucker, Chloe, Rosie.
default_wub.png

014.jpg

Oh--and here's an apple blossom I captured tonight....

002-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!
default_saludando.gif

They're looking good, Karla! Tucker could be a color twin to our stallion, Destiny. It looks like you've done a good job with Rosie's situation, too
default_yes.gif
Who is Rosie out of? Chloe looks "fluffy" (and I have some that are as well -- a couple who get fat just off air), and I just wanted to point it out in case there's a chance Chloe could also benefit from not being on lush grass / could be prone to founder.

Hi Jill--I did a search for when I posted about Tucker's color, and you had posted a link to Destiny and I knew they were a match. I can never remember Tucker's color, so when someone asked, I had to look it up; his papers don't have the accurate color and both are different!
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes--Chloe is a fluffy girl...and Tucker is a tank (I like how solid he is!). No one here needs grass, that's for sure. They get carefully weighed hay and a tbsp of TC30 twice a day. My farrier suggested Chloe be the one who keeps Rosie company as she is dry lotted, which is what I did. But, now everyone is pretty much on dry lot. Grass is a snack. I hand graze some after we work out, that's about it. Once I'm home for the summer, I'll let them out more with muzzles. Everyone looks better! My vet was very happy with them when she came to give shots.

Rosie's hoof is almost 100%!
default_aktion033.gif
Farrier is watching her closely now because he wanted to check her more in the spring.

Hi Jill--I did a search for when I posted about Tucker's color, and you had posted a link to Destiny and I knew they were a match. I can never remember Tucker's color, so when someone asked, I had to look it up; his papers don't have the accurate color and both are different!
default_rolleyes.gif
Smokey silver black is Destiny's color (black + silver + cream), and I'm sure Tucker's, too. Destiny sired a couple double dilute fillies for Harvey and I this spring
default_wub.png

I agree, your horses look much better. I can tell they have lost weight and crestiness. Way to go
default_aktion033.gif

barnbum said:
This is the two headed horse shot.
default_laugh.png
005-3.jpg
The heck with a two-headed horse, that's a three-headed horse! Just call him/her/it "Fluffy!"
default_laugh.png
(Sorry, HP fan here.)

They are lovely, I always enjoy pictures of your herd and Mazie and Tucker are growing into fine young horses. I do love their natural long manes and love that you keep them in such a great situation. Horsie paradise! Thank you for sharing.

Leia

Edited to add: I just realized that's a silver black, silver bay, and silver smoky black. Add my silver buckskin (black+agouti+silver+cream) and you'd have quite a rainbow!

The heck with a two-headed horse, that's a three-headed horse! Just call him/her/it "Fluffy!"
default_laugh.png
(Sorry, HP fan here.)

They are lovely, I always enjoy pictures of your herd and Mazie and Tucker are growing into fine young horses. I do love their natural long manes and love that you keep them in such a great situation. Horsie paradise! Thank you for sharing.

Leia

Edited to add: I just realized that's a silver black, silver bay, and silver smoky black. Add my silver buckskin (black+agouti+silver+cream) and you'd have quite a rainbow!
I remember Fluffy--I read the first three books (only because I teach 5th graders and wanted to be able to talk to them about it--and be able to grade their book reports well.).
default_laugh.png

I love silvers, don't I?
default_smile.png

I've always wanted to leave manes/forelocks natural, but Gypsy's looks like a poodle and Rosie's got a certain length and stopped growing and Chloe's is good, but thin, so, these two are great fun! It should help keep flies off their eyes. The Quail Summit residents will love it too.

They come in July for their 5th year of horse shows! AND the activities director asked if we would do two shows this year because she can easily fill the bus twice.
default_aktion033.gif
So, one at 11, one at 1. My friend from school will help again, my son will help with gates, my d-i-l is going to think of a simple snack and will prepare and serve it, and my daughter will take photos. Am I a blessed woman, or what?
default_wub.png

barnbum said:
I remember Fluffy--I read the first three books (only because I teach 5th graders and wanted to be able to talk to them about it--and be able to grade their book reports well.).
default_laugh.png
How could you stand to stop reading?
default_laugh.png
The message gets so much deeper and more powerful in the last few books.
default_wub.png

barnbum said:
They come in July for their 5th year of horse shows! AND the activities director asked if we would do two shows this year because she can easily fill the bus twice.
default_aktion033.gif
So, one at 11, one at 1. My friend from school will help again, my son will help with gates, my d-i-l is going to think of a simple snack and will prepare and serve it, and my daughter will take photos. Am I a blessed woman, or what?
default_wub.png
Okay, first of all- what do you mean by horse shows? I remember you'd have school kids come over and work the horses a bit, and I remember the nursing home residents coming to pet them, but I don't remember a combo of seniors and working the horses.
default_wacko.png
Second- what do you mean your D-in-L??
default_new_shocked.gif
When did your son get married?! Oy! There is no way he's old enough for that. I swear he just left for college....

Leia

Well--fantasy just isn't my thing.
default_laugh.png
I like historical fiction!
default_biggrin.png

When the residents come, they sit in the shade of three huge pine trees (about 16 fit on the bus) and watch the horse show. The show consists of me first answering their questions, then each horse performs something. It might be a lunging demo, or the obstacle course, side passes, pivots, and Rosie dances for them. That's when we're in the round pen--in front of the residents--and without a halter, she does a sidepass in both directions, does circles around me on both sides, backs clear across the pen, and jogs beside me and stops on a dime when I do. It's great fun! Oh--I usually have a horse jumping too. OH--AND we use hula hoops for the to pivot in and to pull over the horses. AND Mark made me a wooden bridge to walk minis over, so that's also a feature.
default_biggrin.png
After each performance, I take the horse through the line--with me between the residentnt and the horse--and let the residents pet them and kiss their muzzle if they wish. Rosie doesn't go through the line because she lifts her head when I kiss her muzzle, and I don't take any chances with the residents. I kiss muzzles a lot--it's all part of the training, you see.
default_biggrin.png
I also walk around the pastures with a walker to desensitize the horses to them. I don't have kids here anymore...long long story, but a friend from work--lifelong horse person, comes out once a week to work with horses with me and help me to plan the show. It's just great fun for us and the residents--oh, and the horses.
default_yes.gif

Justin graduated last May--and was married in July. He has dated Jenny for four years--and they knew they wanted to be together--so they were engaged the Dec before he graduated. They are so content. We love Jenny! I could be a grandmother in five years! Wow.
default_new_shocked.gif
Rachel, my 21 year old daughter, just graduated with a degree in Psy and Bio. She is now working in the ER of a hospital in Rochester to see which direction she wants to go...considering med school, or PA school...

Tucker would look wonderful in russet harness hitched to my oak cart
default_smile.png

Angie

They are all so beautiful and the two year olds are maturing so nicely! I love the 3 headed horse picture, it would make such a nice painting!! The mares are gorgeous as always, and Tucker really does look like Jazz. I can't wait to see more of them as they mature into lovely young horses. Beautiful flower photos as well!

Dan.

There's my favorite little herd!
default_wub.png

Gypsy and Mazie. Matched pair. Must happen!
default_laugh.png

Mazie's white mane is so clean! Awesome! My guys that are supposed to be white are all quite brown right now lol! Love my grulla... she matches the mud.

They are all so beautiful and the two year olds are maturing so nicely! I love the 3 headed horse picture, it would make such a nice painting!! The mares are gorgeous as always, and Tucker really does look like Jazz. I can't wait to see more of them as they mature into lovely young horses. Beautiful flower photos as well!

Dan.
Thanks, Dan. I definitely see Jazz in Tucker, but Tucker is calmer. He's very laid back, but has the fastest walk of all my horses. Gotta love a gelding.
default_smile.png

I'll post in another 6 months....
default_laugh.png

There's my favorite little herd!
default_wub.png

Gypsy and Mazie. Matched pair. Must happen!
default_laugh.png

Mazie's white mane is so clean! Awesome! My guys that are supposed to be white are all quite brown right now lol! Love my grulla... she matches the mud.
Awww...your favorite herd???
default_wub.png
That made my day!
default_yes.gif

I can't take any credit for Mazie being clean--she seems to keep herself that way. She and Tuck have an occasional twisted spot in their manes, but that's all. I check their eyes daily to make sure the hair doesn't cause trouble. My friend Cheri came over yesterday to work them with me, and it was so much fun to see my horses with another person from a distance... they look just stunning!!!

Latest posts

Back