TSC will now be carrying Purina and Nutrena products

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
I was just there picking up feed...and one of the employees said to be sure to check out the pamphlets on the new feeds they'll be getting in. He said they'll be carrying Purina and Nutrena horse feeds starting October 5th. The paper I have has Equine Senior, Equine Junior, Strategy, and Omelene 100--200-and 300. There wasn't info on the specific Nutrena products.

He wasn't sure which of the Blue Seal products would be phased out. I feed the foals Contender now, but would switch to Equine Jr, I think. I'll have to research it. The rest are on Lite Balance, so it will make my life easier if that's one of the new ones at TSC.

I thought, for many, this might be good news.
default_smile.png

I seen that our local TSC will be carrying Nutrena product but I had not heard anything about them picking up Purina as well? I have found that TSC is not the greatest at keeping feeds in stock long term, they normally only have a few bags of grain (talking about the dumor, platform ext) and then normally none in the back when I ask - Luckly I no longer feed their products. I do feel the Omolene products, but I do wonder if TSC will jack the prices up on the Purina products. I have a feeling my local feed store will still offer the best prices on the Purina. I will not feed Nutrena, not a fan.

Ours is now carrying Purina (oct 1st) as they bought out another feed mills purina dealership. Im kinda upset as I had switched to Tiz Whiz because we could no longer get Purina. So now TSC will no longer carry Tiz Whiz ughh. Which means I have to switch everyone once again.
default_sad.png

I went to our TSC a few days ago and found the info - as for Nutrena they will have the Safe Choice ( think thats the Nutrena one) the compete the sr adn one other i cant remember. I sure wish someone out here would carry BUCKEYE ! gesh id love to have them on that

and i asked on the Compete from Nutrena price here its goin to be 12.99 thats less than the Dumoor Im feeding now at 14.99 for the equistatges and my TSC is getting rid of the Platform feeds they dont sell any of it - i tried the mini/pony feed and hated it.

Im so happy that they are goin to have these feeds and for the foals the EQUINE JR is awesome awesome feed ! I have used it to fit a few bige halter horses !

I cant wait til the 5th !!!!

Our TSC doesn't know anything about it right now but they too are getting rid of their Platform as they don't sell it. They do carry some off brand of horse food I am not aquainted with that is cheap sweet feed which is what they said they are selling the most of. I'm a die hard Purina fan but won't feed any sweet feed and don't want to start my foal on Equine Jr. what I used to feed foals, but I'm sticking with Strategy across the board. Never really cared much for Nutrena but have used it in the past for a few years on and off. Like every company, Nutrena has its low end foods for bottom feeders and high end decent stuff as well. Just a personal preference.

I work at TSC and run/order the feeds in our store and do know that this is going to be nation wide. Also kaykay, If you are set on a certian feed and dont want to switch, THAN DONT! TSC can special order the feed of your choice even though they dont have it on the floor no more. If someone says they cant, their lieing, BUT you do have to order a 5 bag minium (I do it all the time for customers , including my own feed which is the Miniature Platform). Also, the reason most Dumors and Platforms are going is because they are not big sellers and TSC is trying to get a feed that the cusomer wants, not what they get stuck with.

I am very excited to be bringing these feeds into our store as they are some great feeds!

I love Nutrena Senior which has beet pulp and rice bran already in it! I feed it all the time.

This is great news for me. Our local feed store is charging $3.00-$15.00 a bag more than the TSC that is 1.5 hours away. When I go to Tractor supply I load up. I cannot afford the inflated prices of my local feed store.

I am very interested in seeing what the Nutrena products will cost over there.

They will have to really compete price wise in our area, since there is a big Purina dealer right across the highway, a Nutrena dealer a mile away from TSC, and another older feed store down the street. The more the merrier I guess LOL.

Jan

Latest posts

Back