trying to make a video

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]this might be a lost cause because I am so bad with computer "stuff" but can someone answer a few questions? It is windows movie maker...anyone familiar? Thanks, Nikki[/SIZE]

I just started doing this but haven't had any trouble so far and I've been editing, adding music and text, all that stuff. What do you need help with?

Leia

[SIZE=14pt]Leia thanks :bgrin , where do i begin...lol...i finally got it made but had an awful time to stretch each picture to fit the song, when i was done all my transitions were gone, i can't seem to figure out the timing. when i put them back it shortened it up again :eek: , is there a way for the program to make the pitures fit with out me messing with them? if there isn't do i have to stretch them one by one? i hope this makes sense
default_wacko.png
: , i finished it but now i can't send it and can't figure out why. i saved it to my pictures and can burn it but can't email it to anyone, any idea why? it is about 3 minutes long, to long to send you think? thank you for any help, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikki, I helped a co-worker make a graduation photo story for her son in May, and a couple years ago did one for my parents' anniversary. I used movie maker but only for the soundtrack (I pieced together several snippets of songs on movie maker). For the main photo (video) story I used Microsoft Photo Story which you can download for absolutely free HERE (if you are using Microsoft Windows) - and it will not pop up in a few weeks saying "buy me!" It's totally free. I also use Nero Photo Show Deluxe now too for fun family short videos & vacation memories etc.

Oops, I forgot to say something important :eek: Microsoft Photo Story practically does everything for you - no guesswork, puts the transitions in automatically too if you like. If you're just doing one song, I think Photo Story will put it in for you and end it automatically at end of show (fades out). I think? Honestly, it's been a couple of months since I used it but I do remember it was SO incredibly easy to use
default_wacko.png
:

Let us know how everything works out!
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]thanks Tammy, i downloaded it and just tried it out quick. seems much easier...movie making for dumbies
default_rolleyes.gif
: ...just what i need...maybe i will have to work my way up to the other program...still would like to know why i can't email my other video
default_sad.png
...Leia, Tammy, anyone? willing to send soap for help... :new_rofl: ...Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]thanks Tammy, i downloaded it and just tried it out quick. seems much easier...movie making for dumbies
default_rolleyes.gif
: ...just what i need...maybe i will have to work my way up to the other program...still would like to know why i can't email my other video
default_sad.png
...Leia, Tammy, anyone? willing to send soap for help... :new_rofl: ...Nikki
[/SIZE]
I'm guessing the file could be too big to e-mail? If you can do it all again (in Photo Story) and save it as a photo story file, it will give you the option in the end to save it for e-mail purposes. You can use the two programs together - Movie Maker & Photo Story to do all kinds of neat things. Like, for instance, I had to use movie maker to put together my "soundtracks" of several songs. The graduation photo story had more than 200 photos so you can imagine we needed lots of tunes
default_wacko.png
: I think if you figured out how to burn something w/ the movie maker you're doing great!
default_yes.gif
:

Also, I learned LOTS here from "Papa John" on the subject of those two programs:

Papa John

Warning - photo stories are addictive :bgrin

[SIZE=14pt]thanks again Tammy and yes, I think it could get addicting
default_unsure.png
: . about not being able to email it, it gives you an option to email and it acts as if it was sent but nobody gets it
default_sad.png
and it's even in my sent file. i wonder if my computer isn't letting it be sent, i think i get a message after too. i will check to see what it says, not that i can understand it. sorry for being so needy...lol...Nikki
[/SIZE]

Ohhhh, you're not needy
default_wink.png
: No problem at all. Hope you get the e-mail thing figured out. I wonder if it is being sent, and going to the recipient's spam. But! I have had messages show up in my "sent" items though also, and they really didn't send. It's a mystery
default_wacko.png
: Good luck!

iluvwalkers said:
[SIZE=14pt]Leia thanks :bgrin , where do i begin...lol...i finally got it made but had an awful time to stretch each picture to fit the song, when i was done all my transitions were gone, i can't seem to figure out the timing. when i put them back it shortened it up again :eek: , is there a way for the program to make the pitures fit with out me messing with them? if there isn't do i have to stretch them one by one? i hope this makes sense
default_wacko.png
: , i finished it but now i can't send it and can't figure out why. i saved it to my pictures and can burn it but can't email it to anyone, any idea why? it is about 3 minutes long, to long to send you think? thank you for any help, Nikki
[/SIZE]
Nikki, you've already gotten better help than I could offer for your other questions. I was working with actual video, not pictures, but I found it was easier to stretch or shorten the song to match the video than the other way around. As for emailing it, it's always possible that your recipient's email is blocking your video either because of the file type or the size. I know my inbox won't accept messages over a certain size limit. It's easier to upload it to a site like YouTube or Photobucket then send the link to your friends.

Leia

[SIZE=14pt]thanks Leia, the error message I was getting said it was too big to be sent, I have now figured out how to upload it to Youtube and have sent it that way. It is really neat to create something like this, it should be a little less stressful now that i am less confused
default_wacko.png
: , thanks again for everyones help, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back