Travel Number for Illinois

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
Getting ready to leave for the Nationals-- need to have a travel number to pass through Illinois.

Our Vet does not seem to know what I am talking about.

Can someone please post the phone number to call to get this number?? If possible -- could you post it his morning? I appprecaite this -- I know I have seen something about this on the forum before but can't locate the thread.

Thanks everyone
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Will try to remember to sign up on the Forum members list. See you in Tulsa !!

Here ya go Amy. This has the phone number to call etc

Entry permits are available by calling the Illinois Department of Agriculture, 217/782-4944 and are issued 24 hours a day, seven days a week. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR OBTAINING AN ENTRY PERMIT FROM THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE.

The following information will be required for the entry permit:

1. Name and mailing address of owner of the animal

2. Date of the EIA test

3. Location where the animal is going

4. Permit numbers are also available online at www.agr.state.il.us

A password to access the permit program is required and will be issued to veterinarians by calling the Illinois Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Health, 217/782-4944 weekdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

For equine only: The entry permit is good for 30 days (the life of the health certificate). It is requested that if the health certificate is used for multiple entries (i.e. trail rides or shows on several weekends) that all events during the 30 day period be included on the health certificate. If an event is not listed on the health certificate, the owner is asked to call the Department, provide the permit number and provide the location of the additional event(s).

For equine sales: A blanket permit is available for out-of-state equine sales and auctions. For more information, please call the Bureau of Animal Health, 217/782-4944.

For Illinois Equine: An entry permit is not required for Illinois equine. Illinois equine traveling out-of-state on an Illinois certificate of vet inspection (health certificate) are not required to obtain a permit to return home. If, however, Illinois equine are out of state longer than 30 days (i.e. breeding, training), a certificate of vet inspection issued by the state where the animal has been residing and an entry permit will be required. Once an animal has been out of the state longer than 30 days, it is no longer recognized as being an Illinois native animal."

In accordance with the Illinois Diseased Animals Act (510 ILCS 50/1 and the regulations pertaining thereto 8 Ill. Adm. Code 85), violators are guilty of a business offense and shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $1,00

Thanks a million Kay -- sure do appreciate it. Even the Federal vet at the border could not give me the number -- didn't know about Illinois rules -- just international -- go figure eh??

THanks for the good wishes Genie -- talk to you when we get back. Who did you get to judge the C4th show ?? TTYL

Amy

If you are just traveling through Illinois you will not need a permit number but all other requirements for travel must be met.

OTE: animals passing through Illinois and not being unloaded in the state are not required to obtain an entry permit number or meet Illinois entry requirements. These animals are required to meet the entry requirements for the state of destination only.

Arlene

Hi Amy and John Diane, Denniis and Angelia have a safe trip to Tulsa. We will be rooting for all of you. Keep us posted if you can. Take Care Walt and Frannie

Thanks everyone -- yes - Arlene Foulk is correct-- IF you are just travelling thru Illinois-- you don't need a number-- but nowhere on that information sheet does it tell you that. Our vet called down to the number given & they said - don't need if just travelling thru== wish I had gotten Arlene's message before I went to work -- oh well - now we all know for next time . Good luck to all that are showing -- will try to keep you posted Frannie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back