Transfering a Shetland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Ok, I just thought about this. My aunt just got a shetland. To transfer his papers do they need pics for that like the minis now or no?

1-11-07 Hi Ashley: You've asked a very interesting question. It was/is my understanding that only new registrations are to have pictures, yet in recent Journals I've seen the words "and Transfers" added here and there. I asked one of my Directors about it and she called the President and he said that what was passed at the Spring 06 BOD meetings was new registrations -- nothing about transfers. Sigh. Guess this is one of those times you'll just have to send it in and see what happens...or talk to both of your Directors and have them verify through Dennis O'Keefe, our President.

It's also recently come up that no longer can you use 35 letters on your registrations -- the number is now 29...or not. Again, a conflict/change that no one quite knows how it happened. Good Luck. Ta, Shirlee

1-11-07 Hi Ashley: You've asked a very interesting question. It was/is my understanding that only new registrations are to have pictures, yet in recent Journals I've seen the words "and Transfers" added here and there. I asked one of my Directors about it and she called the President and he said that what was passed at the Spring 06 BOD meetings was new registrations -- nothing about transfers. Sigh. Guess this is one of those times you'll just have to send it in and see what happens...or talk to both of your Directors and have them verify through Dennis O'Keefe, our President.

It's also recently come up that no longer can you use 35 letters on your registrations -- the number is now 29...or not. Again, a conflict/change that no one quite knows how it happened. Good Luck. Ta, Shirlee
Hi Shirlee,

I was told this morning from the Registration Dept. that pictures are required for Transfers !! As for the 35 letters, I did explain that on another thread !

The computer program we have that does Reg. papers will not allow more than 35 letters. When the membership voted to put "HOF" on the end of names , well now the system will not take so you have to go BACK to 29 for the time being ,!!!! However they are working to solve this problem !!

Let us not be so hard on the women who work in the office
default_wink.png
: !! For the most part they are just hired to do a job, most of them don't even own a horse so there is NO HIDDEN AGENDA'S on their part.. :no:

Someday I guess everyone will agree we NEED a UPDATE to our computer system :new_shocked:

ohhhhh i didnt know this also applied to shetlands i thought it was just miniatures. good thing i read this.

i am sending in a hardship for a shetland to miniature plus a transfer for the shetlands to my name. so i guess ill have to send two sets of pictures for each set of papers?

1-12-7 Hi Belinda: Interesting that your information on transfers disagrees with what my Director told me and she had gotten hers from the President! You're leaping to conclusions that I'm being hard on the office. Yes, I'm being hard -- on whoever is not getting the correct word out to the membership. We cannot function if we don't know what it is that is required of us. I don't know of a person who isn't willing to follow the rules, whether they agree with them or not -- if they know of the rule. That's my point. Ta, Shirlee

i love amhr/aspc but i have to agree that they are going to have start using dates for new rules that can be implemented. Obviously our computer system is not ready to handle pictures yet we are supposed to do this as of jan 1, 07. Since this came out months and months ago you would think the bugs would be worked out and if they are not then they should postpone the date of the picture requirements, until the computer can process them correctly.

I do not blame the women in the office for this. But whoever is in charge of the computer system should have known ahead that this wasnt going to work and made a plan for it

Oh well.

I say send in pictures...........play it safe.

And not toward anyone, but lets think about this.

Large groups of people have been complaining for years that these AMHR papers need to have some backing, whether that be Pictures, or DNA. Well then why are we complaining if ALL transfers, new registrations need pictures.

MY OPINION, EVERYTHING NEEDS PICTURES. Lets back up the original wants of the club, and you know the Registry is doing that. You wanted pictures, well by gosh your getting them.

i TOTALLY agree with pictures being needed. I dont think that is what anyone is complaining about. the complaint is not having the computer ready to handle it and the confusion over what needs pictures.

The last issue of the Journal was very confusing. In some spots its says pictures need for all transfers and new registrations. Then in other parts its says pictures needed for new registrations and says nothing about transfers.

I still havent heard if youth qualifying for congress was a mistake in the journal or not. Im still hoping that was a mistake but apparently no one is sure. I know both karen and belinda were checking on it and I thank them for that. I also tried to call the amhr office and got a constant busy signal. Which tells me there is a lot of confusion on the new rules that went into effect.

This is the kind of stuff that makes everyone nuts. NOT KNOWING.

My interpretation on this from reading the Journal on pictures is:

From page 16 under the continuation of Bit and Pieces the article Registration Photos to be required Next Year.

Beginning Jan 1, 2007, All registrations and transfers will have photos included on the certificates after that date. Director Delores Williams developed an overview article and sample photos that was included in a previous issue. If you have questions contact the home office. Be sure to read Home Office column on page 12 for more details. I define all as everything that our registry supports with registration papers.

When I go to page 12 for more details it describes the number and views that you will need pictures for and that it will be required for all registrations which to me includes transfers because after all you are registering the horse to a different owner and it will require a new set of papers.

Now I will admit that I did not pay too much attention to the Oct article on pictures since I had all my paperwork done for the year and didn't have to worry about it until the new year. However, I have just sold a horse and will be transferring to a new owner and i will be doing the pictures since I will be be doing the transfer. I am sure that I will get some returned and that both the office and myself will make mistakes as I always got them back when doing them for AMHA until I got some experience in how they wanted them. I retook them and sent them back as many times as necessary to get the work done. I am sure that the office will have some definite growing pains and I know that we members will also have some as well.

It has been my experience that the office and our BOD and executive officers are trying to meet the demands of our membership and sometimes things come up that we just don't know will happen until we try them out and then we have work arounds. That happens in any large corporation that handles a large volume of business.

My philosphy is when in doubt send.

Arlene

Latest posts

Back