Trail ride/drive/drag today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
Jen and Nana taking Nilla for a drag....

trail2-26-09-1.jpg

trail2-26-09-2.jpg

trail2-26-09-3.jpg

Me and Appy taking Nightie and Lovin' for a drag (can't see Lovin' much!)

trail2-26-09-4.jpg

trail2-26-09-5.jpg

trail2-26-09-6.jpg

trail2-26-09-7.jpg

Great pics! Looks like a fun day!!! I love the trails that run through Norco, it's such a neat horsey town.

Well at least my butt doesn't look as big as nana's!!
default_rolleyes.gif
I had a great time, and our little rig seemed to work out pretty well! Only a few small issues that we can fix next time!!

Appy got the work out of his life dragging those two girls around and up the BIGGEST hill in norco! Little 'Nilla got the best workout she's ever had, she should make a great leadline pony! Next time we will have to put the saddle on her!
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

What kind of horse is that that Jen is riding? Sooooo cute!

Uw, sunshine! And clipped horses! Now there's something I won't be seeing in person for a few more months.
default_rolleyes.gif

Sillylil'filly said:
I had a great time, and our little rig seemed to work out pretty well! Only a few small issues that we can fix next time!!
Appy got the work out of his life dragging those two girls around and up the BIGGEST hill in norco! Little 'Nilla got the best workout she's ever had...
Speaking of "rigs" and "dragging," can one of you two explain what was going on in those photos? I've never heard of dragging except as something Kody likes to try and do when ponied! *LOL* What was the purpose of the surcingles on the ponied horses? Always looking for new ideas!
default_laugh.png

Leia

Speaking of "rigs" and "dragging," can one of you two explain what was going on in those photos? I've never heard of dragging except as something Kody likes to try and do when ponied! *LOL* What was the purpose of the surcingles on the ponied horses? Always looking for new ideas!
default_laugh.png

Leia
Dragging is just ponying - but it indicates the willingness of the horse being ponied!
default_rolleyes.gif
As to the surcingles, we're just starting training with all of them - getting them used to being girthed up! The "rig" is a "new" metal cart I got (the line of draft looks better on Appy when we're not pointed downhill) that is more fun on the trails than the wood carts... this was it's second time out.

To add the other horses and take then for a "drag", we tied a part of a heavy duty music stand to the back (it's shaped like a "V") to keep the mares in line and away from the wheels... then tied them to the back of the seat.

Definitely an idea that needs some "tweaking" - but it seemed to work pretty well once we all got going! <grin> If I had a golf cart we could be dragging them around behind that... but this way Appy gets a work out too!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back