Total Eclipse Miniatures 2nd foal for the season!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedeh

Reaction score
Well, my husband Doug is the hero of this story!! Of course Dream bypasses the 4 days I have off and was totally sleep deprived watching her. She waits till I have to go to work Wed to deliver! When the storm rolled in I called Doug and told him to watch her close! I got the frantic call when I was still at work...."heads out but no legs". I gave him some suggestions and thankfully it wasn't crazy at work and they let me leave. I rousted my awesome neighbor Harold out of bed to go help Doug and zoomed home. Talked to Doug part way home and he had gotten one leg out...and was trying to find the other. I reminded him that Desi delivered swimmer's style with one leg forward and one back. By the time I got there the worst was over and Doug had delivered the foal! My hero!!!
default_smile.png
The foal was delivered with one leg forward and one back. Dream gave us a beautiful silver dapple filly that looks a lot like mama!! I don't think Doug wants to play anymore though....seems like he always gets the tough ones! One more to go! Here's Total Eclipse Dreams of Rainbows....Raine! She's still not quite unfolded yet. Supposed to be better weather tomorrow so should be able to get some better outside shots. Sire is Aloha Acres Heir to Magic, Dam is Lucky Four Rebel Chase Still Dreamin(her sire is Lucky Four Rebel Chasin Rainbows)

100_4700.jpg

100_4721.jpg

100_4710.jpg

Oh Sandy, she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Hurray for hubby! He did an awesome job!

You must have flown home! Great that the foal was born successfully.

So glad that there was someone there to help. It could have been a much different outcome.

looks like it was worth it. Congrats. Unique really cool looking little foal. Beautiful

This is the same mare who delivered a beautiful colt last year that we couldn't resucitate and died.
default_no.gif
It's usually a 30 min drive home from work....I made it in about 20 min last night. All I could think about was how Dream would feel if she lost another one(and how I had let her down). She has made it obvious that she wanted to be a mommy....and she has turned out to be a wonderful mom.
default_wub.png

What a beautiful filly - many congratulations and well done Hubby!!

Anna

Gorgeous!!!! Congrats and big hugs to hubby for a job well done!
default_wub.png

I love a happy ending and she is beautiful. Congratulations Sandy and your husband is a keeper
default_wub.png

Your husband did a great job! I don't know how my husband would handle something like that! Congrats on your pretty filly.

Lovely filly, very refined. Good job hubby!

default_rolleyes.gif
My husband also fears being the "one home alone." He did great though, cook him his favorite meal! Momma and baby are both gorgeous. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back