Tornado in Gassville, Arkansas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke to hear the news of the storms first thing this morning....

I am glad to hear that all is well with you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who suffered thru such a terrifying experience.

And special prayers for those who suffered loss of loved ones.

el

glad to hear you guys are ok, although sad for Debbie and her home
default_sad.png

I was gonna get on this morning and see if you and Erica were hit cause we saw on the news, but then I saw this post.

Wish I was closer to help clean up around there...

The 1st thing I thought when I heard about the storms was I hope Lisa is ok!! Glad to hear u are all fine, give your friend a hug for us all.

Shelley<><

Whew! Glad your okay. I am sorry about Debbies home, she must be devastated.

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm so relieved that you at Ozark and you Erica are all OK..terribly sorry about Debbi's home but thankful she is alright..

God be with the rest of you down there and looking over you.

Maxine

I am glad that you are ok -- I wondered last night when I saw all the tornados on the tv.

Thank God no one was hurt!
default_new_shocked.gif
I hadn't heard about this yet since I don't watch the news here in WA but I'll be saying prayers for you all and hoping Debbie finds help in unusual places as she reconstructs her life. Take care down there!

I'm suddenly grateful yesterday was only a windstorm here.
default_unsure.png

Leia

Edited for typos, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad everyone's OK. What a horrible storm system this has been. The line has just passed us. Fortunately it was only some really heavy rain and wind and a little thunder. It was so hot here yesterday, it just didn't seem like February.

Lisa, glad to hear everyone is OK. Material things can be replaced and the clean up can take forever. So glad to hear that no one was hurt. My heart goes out to everyone who lost loved ones in this outbreak of deadly storms.

How terrifying!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Glad to hear that you all are ok. Are there any forum members that live in the stricken areas that we haven't heard from? Hope all will be ok, and my thoughts go out to all those whose lives were lost, how very sad.

When I heard that a tornado had hit Gassville, my first thought was "Ozark Mtn. Mini Tack." So glad that you guys are all right and spared any real damage. Pictures of Gassville look just horrible!

Tornado sirens went off in our closest town, but it went just north of us. We are so thankful!

Hugs and prayers to all those affected.

Pam C.

We just got back from Debbie's (anyone that has called into our office has probably talked with her) - she was very lucky. Her mobile home will be totalled due to structural damage but as of right now the contents have very little damage. Nobody in her family was hurt !!!!!

THe town of Gassville was not so lucky - I have never seen first hand Tornado destruction. Basically the entire mainstreet (Hwy 62) of Gassville has been destroyed. Several restaurants, 5-6 businesses, 2 gas stations and over 100 homes are gone.

Dogs and cats are roaming around - people are just standing around their homes in complete shock. I do not know which is sadder. Animal control/humane society is here taking care of the animals. Who takes care of the people? We are trying to get clothing together - it has gotten really cold here. Sometimes I am at such a loss to know what to do.

I know one thing - I have thanked god for all of our blessings these last 24 hours. As my mother-in-law said - it only takes a second. Thank you all for your blessings and prayers - they mean a lot.

Lisa, Debbie and Melissa - Ozark

Using a friends email addy and forum name as mine is messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back