Took an hour to fill up today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifflunn

Reaction score
OMG- It took over an hour to fill up today- and there nasty nasty people out there! every where I went there was atlead\st 15 cars going in either direction- the prices haven't junped.

There is a rumour out that the prices are going to go sky-high by tomorrow. The gas pumps have been loaded since first thing this morning, up here. I hope it is just a lie...it is already bad enough that people working for minumum wages cannot afford to drive to work...this is crazy.

A friend of ours has invested in some fast food franchises and keeping labor who live out of town has become and issue. Being the generous person he is he has hired a local taxi to pick-up and drop off his help so they are not faced with the expense of buying gas. Its far beyond what larger companies are doing for their employees. In three outlets he has about a hundred and ten employees. Not all the employees need the service but for the ones who live out of town it makes the difference in keeping a job or not.

My phone started ringing here in Canada's Capital City about noon. The gas in outlying rural areas had jumped from $1.07 a litre to $1.80!!!! The line ups here for gas are WILD and HAIRY to say the least..word from an co-worker in Toronto says he passed a place with $ 2.50 a litre!!!!!!!!!!! That wouldn't be so bad if the litre was bigger like a gallon!! Thank heavens I filled everything on the weekend!

Kim

justaboutgeese- That is pretty upstanding of your friend
thumbup.gif

willowoodstables- I heard that it was going to hit that too- they started taking the signs down for 1.07 a litre can't wait to find out what it is going to be
no.gif

Sue_C.- I know my so works 25km from here and we drop him off and pick him up that 100km a day just for him- and he is not much above minimum wage thank goodness he dropped down to part time during school.

There was a police car stationed at 2 of the most popular gas stations- people were just yelling and screaming- not nice.
no.gif
I am afraid to go back and get my husbands car gas in it for next week- will be biking
yes.gif

Well ours hasnt jumped yet. Its still at $2.47. I make decent money and have a decent job but when you are filling up at every other day or every other two days it gets spendy.

no.gif
What's so sad is that all these up and down prices around the continent are just SMOKE AND MIRRORS - done by the big oil companies. And they don't give a hoot about the people (their customers).....
no.gif

It really isn't the individual gas stations fault at all.

MA

Latest posts

Back