Toniiiiiight, toniiiiiight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Do you think it'l be tonight ???? (You know, like for the musical, West Side Story) LOL

Spring is looking reeeeady. Bag tight this morning, 'beads' on the end of her nipples. Milk is still watery, but getting some stickiness to it. Last year she foaled like that. I figure she is at the point where she could go from 'not ready' to 'ready' in just a few hour's time. I get EXCITED LOL

Actually, I wish she would wait till this ice storm is over. I worry about the power going off and having to deliver a foal in the DARK! And not to mention cold. It was 12 this morning....after weeks and weeks of 60s and 70s! course it stays above freezing in the barn even with all windows open a bit. I just close the big overhead vent when it goes below 15 degrees. But sure would be nice to have this 'black and white filly' in the 70 degrees!

Off to check on Spring

Charlotte

Good luck Charlotte. I hope all goes well. I'm sure glad mine was born before it got so extremely cold. She's still staying in the barn for a few days though. Hope it will be warmed up a little before my next one comes.

yay for babies! i hoep all goes well
default_yes.gif
:

Yikes, Charolette, are you having an ice storm?????

All we've had was bitter cold and wind.

Good luck on your baby tonight (?).

Stay warm.

Wish you a Healthy, black and white filly tonight.

And hope the sun shines in the morning.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

default_yes.gif
: GOOD LUCK
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando:

Yes we're having an ice storm! I worry about the power going out and having to deliver a foal in the DARK! Have any of you done that? How did you manage?

Charlotte

I have a rechargable lattern! It is wonderful! It's certainly bright enough to foal by!

Hope to hear about your new FILLY soon!!!!!!

Viki

Wow...sounds like you`re in business!! Do you have any torches??? The light in our foaling stable wasnt brilliant so a friend bought me a miners lamp....Well, not as big but it goes on your head...like a surgeons one...so whatever you are looking at is lit up! Maybe if she doesnt have it tonight you could get one tomorrow??? just in case its stormy again tomorrow???? Let us know how you get on anyway :) :aktion033:
default_smile.png

Wow, best of luck with the new foal coming! I know how you feel, the last one was threatening to be born during a power outage. No fun being out there in the dark w/flashlights and hoping there's no trouble one would need the phone for (since my radio phones are no good w/out the electricity and cell service is non existent out here).

Hope to see pics of your colorful filly very soon and I'll keep you in my thoughts that there is a healthy and easy birth.

Liz M.

Well it is just too cold for me to be running back and forth to the barn..We are down in the teens again tonight and I can't stand it. But an ice storm????Yuck...So dangerous... :eek: Well if its a colt you can name it Brass Monkey.. :risa_suelos:

I'm going to junx it! Sleeping in my clothes!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.....and just know that I'm sending the same to you when you are out in the barn helping a new life into the world.

Charlotte

Charlotte,

I am so excited for you! :)

I hope you ice storm ends! We have been below zero for several nights but mine are not due until at least April. :)

Susan O.

I've got one that sounds abt like yours on Cam. Her fluid has thickened up this evening though so I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow night at the latest.

Good Luck, Charlotte!

Well, we'll have to try AGAIN tonight! Debi, you too? Spring was...busy last night. I watched her for 3 house between 1 & 4. She set the beeper off at 1:05. Looked like lying down sleeping peacefully....she usually stays down and still for 45 minutes or more. I closed my eyes. At 1:15 she was up nosing around in her hay. 10 minutes later she was at her feed pan. then back in her standing sleeping corner, then back at the feed pan.........this is NOT her usual M.O. I finally dozed off after 4.

This morning her milk is thicker than it was when she foaled last year. Bag tight with 'beads' on the nipples like all day yesterday. We can't be tooooo far off, can we??? :new_shocked:

Of course I knew when I decided to sleep in my clothes it was a JINX!

Charlotte

Freeman.....that b/w filly will be here soon!
default_yes.gif
:

sure wish I had an internet foal cam! Would really be nice to have some help watching all my 9 are on cam here at home now. sometimes I'm not sure who I'm looking at!....in the middle of the night.

Well Charlotte, maybe you "jinxed" it so she will foal in the daytime. :bgrin

Jan

Is this a Skipper or Cowboy baby? Keep us informed! Sheila :bgrin

Latest posts

Back