Today (Weds, Aug. 1) is CHICK-FIL-A Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozy, believe me, I have a very excellent idea of why you would re-write my words. However, I said exactly what I meant to say. It's the way a lot of people feel about the situation. People cannot change their color, and they cannot change their sexual orientation. They can change the way they react, bait or lash out at others if the goal is to achieve better understanding. Some individuals like to do things to be spiteful, irritating or shocking... but that in the end does nothing to advance their cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
399418_10151037463352740_301586762_n.jpg

Chick-fil-A-logo-md.jpg

Statement Following Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

August 2, 2012

Attribute to: Steve Robinson, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Chick-fil-A, Inc.

We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country. Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others.

We congratulate local Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their team members for striving to serve each and every customer with genuine hospitality.

While we don’t release exact sales numbers, it was an unprecedented day.

The Chick-fil-A culture and 66-year-old service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

Our goal is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

# # #

Some CALIFORNIANS showing their support:

480615_10151145156967650_1438358355_n.jpg

and additional visual commentary:

405534_10151145086972650_3816992_n.jpg

531551_10151144960602650_129386008_n.jpg

529981_10151144055172650_1302042347_n.jpg

What on earth makes some people think that there were no "liberals" in line at Chick-Fil-A ? Freedom of speech is not just something "the Right" embraces or supports. Nor is Tolerance and Diversity. This was not about Right or Left - no matter how much some want to make it that way - or make everything that way in the case of some talking heads. I personally do not know of anyone who was upset about what the Chick-Fil-A guy said - it was just his personal opinion and he is entitled to it. So much for the mantra of "all lefties think the same and act the same etc. etc. etc." No one cares what Roseanne or a host of others thinks. It was also more than obvious that CFA did not discriminate against specific customers.

This thing has been blown up completely out of proportion, overworked, and over-analyzed for all kinds of meanings that simply are not there.

Mary Lou, your opinion may be humble, but it is well-informed and well-stated. Thank you.

Wow, what a Jacka** . How could he be so mean and HATEFUL !!!! That girl deserves a medal for remaining so polite and civil to him. I think I'd have delivered his free water to the front of his clean shirt lol.
Yeah, but if that was the reaction she made (water to the shirt) she would have been right there on the unemployment list with him (no lol, since the unemployment rate is already way to high). Too many Americans right now know what it's like.

She had to make sure she followed the rules. Before he drove away I would have said, "nice car, do you mind telling me which gas station you buy your gas from?"

IMHO I just don't see why anyone has anything against "anyone" marrying. With the divorce rate at over 50%, shouldn't we be happy that someone wants to get married???? I guess that is just too simple of a view for most people. I think I will get my chicken someplace other than Chick-Fil-A.

I don't know... I think a lot of people feel like I do. I actually support equal marriage rights. At the same time, I value the First Amendment and have little appreciation for political correctness. If more people said what they really think, maybe people would better understand where one another are coming from.

The wonderful thing about our country is that along with freedom of speech, we also have freedom of choice. I choose not to partronize Chick-Fil-A.

The wonderful thing about our country is that along with freedom of speech, we also have freedom of choice. I choose not to partronize Chick-Fil-A.
default_thumbup.gif
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it is supposed to work with the first amendment.

And then we have THIS jerk... he is - or rather, WAS - the CFO for his company. He lost his job due to this lame video that he posted on YouTube and then deleted - but others had saved it.

The girl at the window was AMAZING and should get a bonus/promotion/something...

Update: He has apologized to her. Surely she will forgive him. He was visibly shaken in his video apology. I wonder if his ex-employer will be forgiving? Actually, I hope they do. Forgiveness is a good thing.

What I find interesting (and naive ) is the assumption that all, or even most, of those people are in line to celebrate free speech. The eating patterns of americans and the ease at which propaganda affects Americans would suggest that a large quantity of those people probably don't even know why the company posed an appreciation day. "Look how many people are celebrating free speech!" Uhhhh no... look how many people so a piece of fried chicken on TV and thought something might be free.

And record breaking sales? I bet that was a total surprise for the company, and not a strategic move at all. I'm sure it was a complete and total, non strategic innocent notion celebrating free speech. Really?

What I find interesting (and naive ) is the assumption that all, or even most, of those people are in line to celebrate free speech.
Were you there? I was.

I find it presumptuous (and incorrect) for you to think that you know more about why people were there than the people who were there do.

It took some effort to go there and wait in the long line. I know why I was there.

Mary Lou, I'm with you! This has gone way too far, and in my opinion is nothing but mob mentality! Stir the pot, so to say!

I agree that it has gone too far... so much for actually being concerned about freedom of speech. For some, apparently freedom of speech only applies to things they agree with... and tolerance is something that only people you disagree with must have...
default_no.gif

Jill, it's good you know why you were there. How many people did you speak with in the long line? Were they all equally passionate about freedom of speech? Based on the interviews they actually showed on the news (sorry, didn't see your clip) I think that it's safe to say there were just as many people there not celebrating freedom of speech as there may have been that were. And for the record, my friend, who's addiction to fried chicken beat out her allegiance to her 2 lesbian sisters, was there. And her experience, and many around her, was far from the tall standing, proud moment that you describe.

Mary Lou, I'm with you! This has gone way too far, and in my opinion is nothing but mob mentality! Stir the pot, so to say!
Precisely correct. So the question becomes "Who is stirring the pot, Why are they stirring this particular pot at this particular time and why do "they" continue to stir the pot?

Bb

Back