Thoughts on color & confirmation...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vansplic

Reaction score
Some may recognize this little one from the mare watchers side.... Anyway, her dam was already pregnant when I got her so this was not a breeding I planned. Sire is a dark bay spash and dam is a red dun roan. She should mature at 30-31"

IMG_6556.JPG

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

What's your question?
default_smile.png

With that snip, I know she's Splash.

I am new to minis, I have had QH most of my life. Any information would be appreciated. Momma was a rescue and came with baby in utero so I wasn't part of the breeding. Moms breeding was far better than I had imagined just picking up a random horse from a bad situation. I am doing lots of training with her but don't know much about suitability. Would like to show her. The big goal is for her to be a therapy horse so most of it is so I know what I have. I had no clue that snip ment the splash came through! Would really like to avoid looking like an idiot with my own filly! The dark butt is confusing me but I am such a noob. She was born April 22nd so I know there is lots of growing yet.

A minimal expression of Sabino (which is also a pinto trait, like Splash) can show itself with white on the face, as well as white on the legs.

It would be great to know her parents' colors.

Latest posts

Back