Thoughts appreciated...a friend w/possible MRSA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone, again, for the positive thoughts, well-wishes, advice, and prayers.

Bill has a lot better overall demeanor today though his leg looks rough, it doesn't seem to be so bad that any of the tissue is really dying deep inside, but then again, looks can be deceiving. There is a large, blistered area on the back of his calf although the scrape was on his shin.

There is no more redness above the knee and the swelling is pretty much localized to his calf area/ankle and foot.

He did a little bit of laughing and lots of smiling today, and is planning things to do w/his businesses, so I think that means he just plain feels better although to be in the vicinity when he has to get up on the leg is excruciating to hear.
default_sad.png

I have, though, again a whole new respect for little bugs and their big effects.

default_new_shocked.gif

Liz

Holy cow, Liz...

I just found this thread.

That is some really scary stuff!
default_new_shocked.gif
Glad that you were on the case and got him in.
default_saludando.gif

Say "hello" to him for me!

Goonies Never Say Die!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MRSA-methacillin resistant staph aureus, is endemic to the Pacific Northwest. We see it all the time and use other drugs to treat it. We are relaxing our isolation treatment of it in So. Oregon and they don't even isolate it at OHSU.

Your friend probably was overwhelmed by having the pneumonia and cellulitis going on at the same time.

Sending continued prayers. Glad to hear Bill is feeling better. I never heard of MRSA or the other stuff either....very scarey stuff.

A friend of my fathers had a type of flesh eating disease (I don't remember the technical name)...and he almost died, it took him years to recover. Very scarey stuff indeed.

Latest posts

Back