Thinking of Getting a Pony For My Daughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greystone

Reaction score
I am looking to get a pony for my 11 year old. A riding pony (that's why I said it may not belong here). I have gotten an e-mail back from someone with a pic and would like a critique on it. Please PM me and I will send a cropped image. I am concerned about its rump (looking a little gooserump).

Thanks

Well, I'm not really one to critique, but since no one's answered, if the pony is a well-broke kids pony then perfect conformation isn't as important to me as temperment and training. I'd forgive conformation flaws as long as it didn't have the potential to limit your little girl's use of the pony or cause her avoidable heartbreak in the future. My neighbor is dealing with this with a great old kids mare that he bought last year knowing she had awful knee problems and now the little boy can't ride her very much any more. If the pony is one of those wonderful kid-packers, then a vet's opinion on soundness and health would be more important to me.

And OF COURSE we love to talk about riding ponies here!!! But once you buy a pony, pictures are required. :bgrin

Yes, pictures are deffently required!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Do you plan to show him/her? I think confirmation is good to have even for a ridding horse that is used as a at home pet bc the horse is more at ease and pain free generally. Really though, unless its a huge confirmation fault i would not turn down a beautifully broke pony. Cant help with confirmation but there are some good people here who would really be able to help you out
default_smile.png

A good ridding pony is not something you should pass up
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
i will say this. our patches worst fault is her croup. while she is a beautiful mover this fault makes for an uncomfortable ride. Horses with this fault dont move as smoothly under saddle. for sure let her ride the pony first and see if its comfortable

Latest posts

Back