THINGS YOUR MOTHER USED TO SAY!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we would ask what time it was my Mom would always reply,"Half past kissing time- time to kiss again!" I used that one on my kids all the time as a way to smack a kiss on them.

One of my mother's sayings --

"When you have a child of your own, you'll understand"

or

"Close the door! What! Do you live in a barn???" (If she only knew!)

My DAD'S best ones --

"Don't be so ornamental and start being useful."

or

"It's colder than a witch's t*t".....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

MA

Along with many that have already been said, my mother used to say "children are supposed to be seen and not heard!" Must have been her way of keeping 8 kids from talking too much. Even today I feel I am not heard though. Oh another was "close the door, you weren't born in a barn" :bgrin

When we'd get really cranky and pitch a fit she'd tell us............ "Don't cry, you're going to melt".

In front of the TV..........."Did you eat plastic pork chops?" (Still don't get that one!
default_wacko.png
: :lol: )

Running around like little kids do........."Catch her.... she's running without a jockey :xreiter: "

Hmmm....

-"Never bite the hand that feeds you"

-"I brought you into this world, I can take you out"

-"Because I gave birth, THAT'S why"

and the one I've heard the most and still do... "MICHELLE LYNN"!
default_wacko.png
:

Most of what came out of my mom's mouth is not suitable for this forum................

"I am getting the wooden spoon"

"do I have to beat you"

@#$%$#@@#$$#^%&* do you think you are doing?

Now my own children have been told numerous times "I brought you into this world and I can take you out"...to which I hear this reply "uhuh mom thats murder and you'll go to jail"
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Not a saying from my mom but my elementary school teacher used to say, finish your schoolwork or I'll be on you like a duck on a june bug. :lol:

Ooh-ooh-ooh...I forgot one that was directed at ME alone (go figure...)

"You're too young to be so opinionated!"

And another from my grandmother:

"Whistling girls and cackling hens all come to bad ends..."

Last edited by a moderator:
My whole family is Hungarian, and my mom mostly spoke to me in that language (but I always answered in English). Anyway, there was particular phrase that she would often say to me, sometimes in fun and sometimes not, but she would never translate it for me and I had no clue what it meant. When I was in my late teens, I finally asked a Hungarian friend of mine what it meant, and I pretty much looked like this :new_shocked: when he told me! It had to do with sticking a certain part of horse anatomy where the sun doesn't shine! Good thing I didn't understand it when my mom said it to me!!!! :bgrin There were also some other Hungarian phrases she would use that I never did learn the meaning of, and probably just as well.

My Mom always used to tell me...... Save it for better. I do save it for better. What am I saving? Nice clothes, which I never get to wear because I always gain weight then they don't fit. Nice crystal like glasses. They have been sitting in my cubbord for 28 years unused. Maybe its not such a great idea to save it for better. I'll be dead before I get to use my "better" things. I should have learned by now. Mom died when she was turning 58 years old. She never got to use her good dishes.

If weren't doing something as quickly as she thought we should -

"You are slower than molassas running up hill in January!"

If we left the door open -

"Were you born with a fish pole up your butt?" :new_shocked:

Me and mom are the small ones of the family and she said what her mom said, "it's better to be small and shine than big and cast a shadow". Oh but I wanted to be tall and sexy!

My dad used to say, "wish in one hand and spit in the other...which one do you figure you'll get first?"

Latest posts

Back