Do any of your pets do things that...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
* I have a mini stud here that makes me laugh my butt off every time.

He hates butterflies. Throws his ears back and charges them evertime they fly into his pasture.

* My 2 yr old filly, she has to scratch her butt on me everytime I am around her. And I mean everytime. Back n fourth on my legs. Most of the time its funny but once in a while it can be annoying, but not a big deal.

* I have a mare, Elly who will stare at me the whole entire time Im outside. No matter where or what I am doing, She stands perfectly still and stares at me. If Im in the barn, she'll stare at the barn opening till I step out where she can see me. And her ears are always pointed forward too. Makes me laugh everytime.

* Also my house cat Boobbers. She's 11 years old and ever since she was a small kitten, she has to be in the bathroom everytime I am, no matter what Im doing. And if I lock her out, she'll cry at the door till my hubby cant take it any more and lets her in. Otherwise I say bathroom and she comes a running. And can care less if hubby is in there. Just me only.

* My dog Sasha, OBSESSED with the laser pointer. Will chase it as long as you will let her. And when you stop, she'll stare at it sitting on the coffie table for hours on end. CRAZY dog!

How about you guys!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, last week, I tied Shake in his stall and went to the tack room to grab something )(and I tie a good horse knot--apparantly not Shake-proof though). When I came out of the tack room, he was standing there in the aisleway with this, "what'd ya get for me, mom?" look on his face. lol Dork!

He also loves, and I do mean LOVES to be scratched on the belly. I lay over his back (my feet are still on the ground, so he's not taking my weight) and scratch his belly, his lips get to going like Mr. Ed. lol

One other thing about Shake, he's the undisputed KING and he knows it. I am working a couple of big horses and last week, I was running a little late to the barn, so I fed lunch to Shake and Eli and then decided to work Khan while my boys ate and had their 1 hour digestion time (I make them stand for an hour after eating and before work). Shake threw a FIT! He was whinnying, kicking his stall walls, running around in circles, and rearing up every time he heard my voice in the arena. Now, he is always the first one worked, even if it means his lunch is a touch late.

I went in and made over Eli one day last week, his stall is right next to Shake's. Hubby didn't come to the barn that day, so I felt like Eli needed some love time. Anyway, I'm scratching and petting on Eli and I felt eyes on my back, so I turned around. There was Shake with his nose between the bars, chin resting on the divider, ears perked and looking a little put out that 'little brother' was getting HIS mom's attention.

Think my Shaker-Doodle is spoiled or anything? lol

We think our Chevy is the smartest GSD ever
default_yes.gif

He has a tremendous vocabulary and seems to

understand new phrases, at the drop of a hat.

He goes to the groomer every 8 weeks or he

smells like the farm dog he is.

This was going to be a new groomer for him as we

found someone closer to us not a 3 hour R/T drive back

to our old neighborhood to his old groomer.

He has a 'tad' bit of separation anxiety though.

He's always good for the groomer but is anxious

until I am in his eyesight again.

Yesterday was his day for scrubby dub dub.

We begin by telling him, the night before, that

'tomorrow' he will go for a bath and a NICE towel.

He loves to be rubbed with towels.

This gal didn't have a cage big enough for him so

put him into a wire enclosure, that sits on the floor.

He went right in, put his nose thru a slot and walked

the cage across the shop to the 'time to go home' door.

Everyone was cracking up....he just smiled at his own

cleverness....

It's hard not to encourage his 'sense of humor' although

sometimes we turn our heads or laugh behind our hands.

I have a rescue lab mix dog. He only had one eye when I got him at age four months. This dog would literally die for me. I've had dogs for 50 years and never have had one who is smarter or more devoted or that I love as much.

When I am gone he runs into my bathroom or bedroom and finds whatever he can with my scent on it and carries it downstairs into his bed. If I leave a laundry basket in the bathroom, I come home and he'll have a few of my socks and a few bras or panties all bunched up in his bed. He is somehow able to "sort" through the dirty clothes in the basket and leave all my husband's stuff there and only grab my stuff to bring downstairs. If he can't find a laundry basket he'll grab my slippers, or whatever he can find of mine. One time it was my wallet! Another time it was a blue bandana I'd left on the bathroom countertop. I'd been using it to wipe sweat off my face. And once the only thing he could find within reach was my bed pillow! He'd dragged it off the bed, all the way down the stairs, and had it in his bed! Needless to say I wasn't happy about that!

Latest posts

Back