They're here.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novachick

Reaction score
Coventry Lane's Right on Time...aka Rascal, our new weanling colt,...and Teaselwood's Queen of Diamonds...aka Red, a 3 year old mare...our newest additions and now we official have a "herd"
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
:SoHappy
:SoHappy

Scott and Pam of Coventry Lane Miniature Horses kindly made the trip across Pennsylvania yesterday to bring us our new friends and they settled in and got to know Goldi, our yearling filly, right away. It was amazing to see the immediate change in Goldi. At first she wasn't even interested in these 2 new horses out in her yard...she just munched away on hay in her stall. Then she realized something was going on and came nose to nose over the stall door with Red. After we watched their interactions a bit, we removed Rascal (the baby) from the yard and let Goldi out to meet Red. After a few butt turns and kicks from a distance...they were fine. We put Rascal back in and they all roamed around the yard together and even went into Goldi's stall for some hay and water. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, it's like they all knew each other immediately. They were together all evening until we put them to bed.

I cannot even explain how complete and wonderful it feels to look out and see more than one horse out there.
default_wub.png
I must have made about 20 trips out to see them last night.

But I was so nervous when we put them to bed...I put the baby monitor out there and listened to them all night.
default_unsure.png
Last night was Rascals first night in a stall by himself, so I was afraid he would try to get in with Red in the middle of the night, but he only woke up and cried once throughout the night and then settled back down. Of course, I'll be a nervous wreck all day today also...but I'm sure they're fine, right?
default_ohnoes.jpg

So, without further ado...here they are:

Here's Red in one of pics Pam and Scott have on their website:

Red.jpg

Red has a lot of Buckaroo breeding...she's a Boone's Little Buckaroo great granddaughter, a granddaughter of Little King's Buckaroo Dejavu and a Little King's Buck Armani daughter!

Here's Rascal at a couple days old:

3-13-08_278Rascal.jpg

Red and Rascal settling in at home yesterday:

red-and-rascal.jpg

red-and-rascal2.jpg

Rascal just looks so nervous, I think the move has been hardest on him.

Here's the herd all squeezed into Goldi's stall:

the-herd.jpg

And Goldi and Red grooming each other...which they did about a hundred times yesterday:

goldi-and-red-grooming.jpg

I am so glad they are all getting along and many thanks to Pam and Scott for allowing us to own them...we can't thank you guys enough!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for looking!

Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooohhhh!!!

They look great!!! Congratulations on them!!!

Plus, Goldi's going to be even happier now having some little friends
love0075.gif

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! I remember seeing Red at some point before... I bet you are spending a lot of time outside with the new horses now, huh?
default_laugh.png

Congrats!
default_smile.png

You might consider giving your new little guy a dose of probiotic if you think his nerves are getting to him. I usually give new ones a dose for a couple of days, in hopes that they won't colic while adjusting to their new environment. Most horses wouldn't do that, anyway - but it helps to set my mind at ease a little
default_wink.png

Thanks everyone! I am so in love with them already! :love

Red is so adaptable, if you didn't know, you would think she has lived here for ages!

Rascal is doing really good...he's eating really well and passing manure frequently. Although at first I was worried because there wasn't much in his stall this afternoon...but then I remembered...you can't expect a little guy like him to pass as much as my big girl! But everytime I go out and try to get a lead on him...he shows me he's doing just fine in that department!
default_wacko.png

It was funny...all Goldi likes to do it eat...she doesn't play much normally, strange for a yearling...but she hasn't had any buddies to play with since she was 6 months old. So when I turned Red and Rascal out to play after work...they went ripping around the yard doing circles around Goldi. She just stood there looking at them, as if to say..."what are you crazies doing...there's food here and I'm EATING!"

I love it, it makes me so warm inside to see them all hanging out out there! I didn't think it would even be this cool!
default_blush.png

Congratulations on your new additions to your HERD!!!! They're just wonderful
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Gorgeous horses!! Pam and Scott are great to deal with, honest as they come!

They all look so nice. It's fun getting a new one to add to the herd and watching the different personalities come out isn't it!!! Enjoy
default_smile.png

Congrats, they are lovely!

Kari

Latest posts

Back