THEFT AT HOBBY HORSE CLOTHING

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 488

Reaction score
Please be on the lookout for stolen goods and report anything you might hear to Hobby Horse.

To Our Horse Community FriendsPLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL OF YOUR HORSE COMMUNITY FRIENDS!!!

The Hobby Horse Clothing Co. warehouse in Chino, CA was robbed late on May 22/early May 23rd, 2009.

Thieves made off with approximately $250,000 worth of chaps and show tops. More than 300 pairs of our popular PMS split leather chaps were stolen; they had been delivered from our customs broker less than 12 hours earlier. No attempt was made to enter our offices; no computers or electronic equipment in the warehouse was taken. The thieves appeared to only be after our chaps and more expensive garments.

My employees and my company are jeopardized by this robbery; we lost inventory, including Limited Edition garments that cannot be replaced, that would provide the cash flow to continue our business operations. We will survive, but this is a serious setback.

I am asking for the help of horse community members in advising me if they come across ANY strange offers on Hobby Horse apparel. We have not yet completed an inventory of stolen items but will shortly. We will post a notice on our website at www.hobbyhorseinc. com regarding items that were stolen. A reward will be offered for information in this case.

PLEASE contact me if you suspect someone is sellling our stolen inventory. We will immediately contact our local police for their follow-up. Most thieves are never caught, but Hobby Horse chaps and show apparel is such distinctive apparel to try to fence, we may have a chance of possibly recovering some of our inventory.

I also ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this disruption; we appreciate your business more than ever in this tough time. We'll do our best to fulfill your orders; we know you count on us!

Thank you, and please share this message with others in the horse community.

Suzi Drnec

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. President

13775 Stockton Avenue

Chino, CA 91710

suzi@hobbyhorseinc. com
Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
I just seen this on the saleboard...that is horrible
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Horrible!
default_no.gif

Someone should be on the look out for any seller on EBAY that is suddenly selling such items!

They have worked hard for their success - awful that anyone has so little regard for others.. That's a huge theft for them, certainly hope they recover most of it and are able to prosecute. I would expect things to show up on ebay or at horse shows, possibly marketed to smaller retailers who might buy it unknowingly.

Jan

Oh wow. Thats strange. I've never heard of someone stealing show clothes before. How do they think they could sell all that stuff and not get caught? But I love Hobby Horse clothing, so I hope they find the criminals.

Latest posts

Back