The Recovery Process

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I lost my dear mother in July 2005. Unbelievable as it seemed to me it has taken me until this summer to recover somewhat. Depression was so terrible, I didn't want horses, bikes, travel, boats or anything to do. This summer started slow, but the help of dear friends and family and my own "kick in the butt" have enabled me to actually enjoy myself this summer. Although each of the following pictures shows fun with friends and family, each of them indicate a thought "Gee I wish Mom was here..she'd get such a kick out of this". But I KNOW she is looking down from somewhere saying "you go girl, that's how I raised you!

Enjoy

Kim

JJBoat051.jpg

Our boat Myrna at our local chapter antique boat show. This is MORE work than showing horses!!! But we won "Best Documentation"..a coveted prize!

JJBoat041.jpg

Our boat at the dock..we've had a ton of friends on her for "cruise nights"...we've become quite popular among friends LOL!

rory.jpg

Bought myself a Cairn Terrier...what a clown he is...meet Rory!

JJBoat084.jpg

Went on an ATV rally..this is just a partial view of the 90+ bikes that were out to raise money for Heart and Stroke Foundation. What a blast!

JJBoat018.jpg

Got my trailer redone to match my truck..This is my New "OLD" rig LOLOL

JJBoat005.jpg

Showing our Hackney at the large Hackney show in Ontario and ripping off a second in DEEP company!

Thanks for letting me share!

Kim

:aktion033:

I am so happy for you! I know how hard it is to pick up and go on when you want to live in the past like that, mostly because you just want that person back so bad.

Thank you for sharing your new hope and happiness with us.

The boat is gorgeous, the ATV rally looks like a blast and the doggie's cute, the Hackney's amazing!!!

And you are all of the above!!!

Liz

Kim, I never got to meet your mom or I don't recall perhaps she was at some of the shows with you when I went? All I can say is if you are like your mom then she was one heck of a lady :bgrin and a sweet person
default_yes.gif
: and yes she would want you to go out and "kick butt" (enjoy life to its fullest) in anything and everything you do. Bless you and I am very happy to hear that your depression is lifting. I went through a bout of major depression quite a few years ago and you look back and think "how did I ever survive" but you do and it does feel so good when you start to look at the "positive" side of life. I know your mom would want you to do that for her. Hugs to you.

I'm happy to hear that you are doing better now Kim.

You've got the whole world right in front of you so give it your best shot and live it to the fullest. Your mom would want that for you.

It's a very bad life not worth living any more when you are down and there's no hope of being lifted.

Kimmy, I have personally lived through the devastation of losing a loved one and it isn't unbelievable that it has taken you until this summer to recover somewhat. I spent the first year after the accident just hanging on by a thread, getting through those "firsts", it goes by in a fog. The second year you start to notice things around you again, it is a slow process and there is no way around you have to go through. You are doing great and your Mom would be crazy proud of that second in that hackney class I'll bet!! :bgrin Hang in there girl and look forward to the days when you think of your Mom with a smile in your heart, those are the best days.
default_wub.png
:

Pammy

Kim, I'm so glad that you are feeling better. You Momma sounds like she was a wonderful woman and to inspire and encourage you to do the things you do says alot about who she was as well. I enjoyed your pictures....and have to say....your little Rory sure is a cutie pie!!! I hope he can make you laugh as much as Lakota makes me laugh..... He looks likehe could put a smile on anyone's face!

OH Kim looks like fun. I LOVE your boat it is BEEEUTIFUL. Your hackney is no slouch either.
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Take the time to heal and enjoy the wonderful friends and things you have, she is always with you in spirit
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: and I am sure she is smiling down you.

Latest posts

Back