The Kansas Kids are finally home!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
WooHoooo they're finally here! I begged, pleaded and bribed my daughter and we made a trip to Sharons today to pick up my Kansas Kids.

Please let me introduce you to: Toto and The Wizard (cause they aren't in Kansas anymore). I just couldn't

bear the idea of calling a gelding Dorothy. LOL

This is Toto - approximately 5 years old.

pix005.jpg

This is The Wizard (20+ years old) and a little one we saw hitch-hiking along the road.

pix011.jpg

Seriously, this is Shannons' lil guy who came to stay with us for a while. I was gonna call him Munchkin, but my daughter thought Twister was a better name for him.

pix009.jpg

They still have a long way to go but they definitely look better than they did the day we loaded them up in Uniontown. They aren't at all friendly, I guess they just don't know how good a scratch can feel. Hopefully they'll learn soon that we can be friends.

Many, many thanks to Sharon, tnkrtoy and any others, whose name I'll probably never know, for helping with these special little ones until I could bring them home.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wiz looks pretty good for 20+! Bless you for taking them in. ...Theresa & Art

Thanks Theresa & Mona. If I'm not mistaken the little cancer patient has his surgery today. Hope they update us on his condition. Saying prayers for the little guy.

They look so much better already! Shows you what a little TLC and one on one can do. I know you have a long road ahead but just to see their faces in a bucket is an early Christmas present !!!

Love the names.......perfect!

Thanks Jill and Marty. You're right about the early Christmas present. Hadn't thought about that. I just came in from sitting with them for a while and I was itching to adjust halters, brush manes and forelocks, etc...But they don't want me much closer than about 6 feet from them right now. Although Toto did nicker at me this morning when I went out to feed. I gotta say The Wizard (aka Wiz) is a pretty darned handsome old guy....love that long, full mane.

One of these days (but probably not before spring) I'm gonna be asking what color they are. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back