The fall of T.C. Miniature Horse Farm :-(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
Well as most of you might know,or have figured out the minis that are up for adoption/pending adoption, were MINE! I was faced with a horrible choice to make, and have since been getting some negative questions,ect asked, so I thought I'd post here to clue people on a little more of what is going on. Right now I am currently in college,plus soon to be working full time, my mom has cancer and it has turned for the worser side, as to the better side, they have even "up'd" her treatments to more then we could have ever imagined, to top it off my dad and her are getting a divorce, and might I add IT IS MAJOR, everything,land ect is in his name, so he would more then likely get it all,and where would that have left the minis? Homeless practically,since I only do min. wage, and mom is battling cancer and gets a Disabilty check.

So I thought to myself what IS BEST for the MINIS, I thought about selling,but then was thinking WHOA,if worse come to worse and it had to be a quick sale at low prices, who knows WHERE some of them could have ended up, so I thought it was best to donate them to the adoption agency to where they can go to approved homes. The reason the papers are not going is because thats how all the adoption places do from what I am aware of, I will be sending her Date of Births, ect though because I know that is very important. I hope that everyone, including the minis will "forgive" me.

I also plan to one day(after earning my degree) to be back into the minis,if not but just 1 or 2. I also until then plan to keep in contact with all of ya'll, I will get another screen name ect, as the T.C. Miniature Horse Farm has now offically been over!!

I am in NO WAY placing this on here for pitty,just felt like I should "clue" people in, and maybe the negative responces I am getting will quit. Hope to hear ya'lls thoughts, even if they are negative, and I still hope to see some shows,ect when I get the time(which will be awhile) TTYS-Sarah

Its not your fault :no: I'm very sorry to hear that things are falling apart. I think the adoption agency is a good idea. Good Luck and I hope you all get back on your feet quickly.

Sorry to hear that you had to get rid of all your miniatures. I'm even more sorry to hear that your mom is having a tough battle with her cancer and to top it off your dad is wanting a divorce.

I'm also sorry to hear that people haven't been to kind to you, especially with everything that is already on your plate.

I think you made a wise and responsible decision to give the minis up to the adoption agency.

My God keep you and your family.

so sorry for your hard times my prayers to your mom
default_pray.gif
:

i don't know what id do in your situation but it sounds as though

you did the best you could for all involved.

Good luck

and thanks for sharing

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: thanks ya'll, it truely is a sad situation, but its great to have all of ya'll to help get us through it, thanks for thoughts and prayers also!

im so sorry for what you and your family are going thru. I think you made a brave and wise decision and should be applauded for it.

Just one thing regarding this:

The reason the papers are not going is because thats how all the adoption places do from what I am aware of, I

Just so people know cmhr does not take away a horses papers unless there is a reason, such as a few registered dwarfs we have taken in that had papers. When CMHR was started the members of LB voted and wanted all horses to keep their papers

Sorry to hear about everything. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way. I know it was a hard decision but it sounds to me like you made the best decision for the babies that you could've in the situation you're in. Honestly, you should be proud of yourself for placing them for adoption. At least that way you KNOW they're going to good homes!
default_yes.gif
:

So sorry to hear about your mom and I will be sending prayers for her. I think you did the best thing for your miniatures. It shows that you really thought about this decision and what was best for them.

Good for you. Hope to hear from you in the future.

Carlene

I am so sorry for everything you are going thru, especially with your Mom. Prayers and thoughts are going out for her and a big (((HUG))) to you for thinking of your minis and there future homes. It was the best decision you could of made, under the circumstances. Corinne

I am so sorry for all you are enduring. How so horrible, to have all this happen.

I pray your mom will beat her battle with cancer. I am sorry your Dad is divorceing

her, especially when she is fighting Cancer. I am also sad you must find new homes

for your horses. How so heart breaking to have all this happen. I do admire you, that

you will find them good homes. I wish some how the papers could go with them. So later

on you can track where they are, and how they are doing. Can you put a note in, to have

the new owners contact you and maybe offer them the papers then.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

I am so sorry for all you are enduring. How so horrible, to have all this happen.

I pray your mom will beat her battle with cancer. I am sorry your Dad is divorceing

her, especially when she is fighting Cancer. I am also sad you must find new homes

for your horses. How so heart breaking to have all this happen. I do admire you, that

you will find them good homes. I wish some how the papers could go with them. So later

on you can track where they are, and how they are doing. Can you put a note in, to have

the new owners contact you and maybe offer them the papers then.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky
Well,no I believe it is up to the new owners, and I bet some I will never hear from however I know it was the right thing!

THANKS everybody! Ya'll are such nice people, and once again thank you so much!! I am going to be an RN,so at least when I get out of college, I can buy a big ol' barn, and a couple of acres :) (DREAMING) but dreams do come true!!!!

As said thanks again! :saludando:

Wishing you all the best as you go through this very tough time...

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

Keep up the good work on that schooling and remember dreams do come true.

THANKS everybody! Ya'll are such nice people, and once again thank you so much!! I am going to be an RN,so at least when I get out of college, I can buy a big ol' barn, and a couple of acres :) (DREAMING) but dreams do come true!!!!

As said thanks again! :saludando:

I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. You made a tough decision but one with your horses welfare in mind. I'm sending my prayers for you and your mother. You are right though........dreams do come true! I had to put off horses until I got my RN and was able to afford them again......you can do it too!

My thoughts are with you and your mom through this very difficult time. jennifer

Oh my dear Sarah, I feel so sorry for all the weight that you have on your shoulders and at such a young age. God Bless you my new friend, and yes I hope we will be. I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten 4 of your little girls. You can email me anytime you want to so you can keep up with thier progress.
default_pray.gif
: My prayers have and will continue to be with your Mother and you as well. You had a very difficult decision to make, and I think it was the best thing you could do considering all that's going on in your lives now. I can't even imagine how hard that was to make. I know all about the negetive emails and calls you've been getting. I'm just thankful that I'm not one of them that feel so selfish and uncaring. I'm not worried about the papers on your minis. I'm not going to lie, that would have been nice to get just to know the history of them, but my main concern was for giving them a good home. I have 7 now, and I can't wait to get yours to add to our family. They will have a hugh pasture and large barn with access anytime they want. We don't sell our minis, they are all just new additions to add to my husband and my horse family. Rest assured they will be taken very good care of. You take care of yourself and your Mother, and a big thank you for allowing us to get 4 new little girls to spoil. Sending ton's of hugs and prayers your way Sarah. God Bless you,
default_cheekkiss.gif
:
Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry about all you are going through. You have made the right decision. Your load will be lighter with the horses gone. I will pray for you and your family...keep your chin up.

I think that you made a wise decision to let your horses go. I know it must have been heart-breaking for you, and very difficult to do, but it was also quite generous. This way the people who are adopting them are screened, which is very important for the horses' well-being.

I'm sorry that people have been sending you vicious emails; some people just want to think the worst of others, to make themselves feel better I guess. They had better hope that they are lucky and never fall on hard times and end up in the same situation.

Sending prayers for your mom, and for you. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back