The Dyson Vacuum Cleaner.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
Who ELSE has one???? Please post your opinions!

Have had some PM's from people who are interested in it and want info......

For the record --

YES, I like it a lot. It has everything I wanted which includes --

** It's a bagless.

** It has one simple filter that can be removed and washed, dried, and put back.

** The filter doesn't cost a lot of money to be replaced when it wears out, unlike other bagless vacuums.

** Even though we didn't buy the super model -- it still gets up the fur from 3 dogs, 4

cats, and all sorts of junk that my child leaves around!

** Oh, and last but not least -- Larry likes it! He was upset at the initial cost

compared to a Sears brand thing, but I swear he uses it more than I do! LOL!

My only negatives are that it cost between $300 to $400, which was more than we planned to spend......plus figuring out how to use the different attachments to the extender hose can be a little complicated.

Think that about covers it.

MA

Interesting info. We love our Miracle Mate and you don't even WANNA know how much it cost, but so far, it is 10 years old and never a problem other than the on/off switch/lever has broken off so we have to push the button instead.

We've had to replace the filter b/c I washed it too thoroughly and bent it, but it works awesomely.

I used to have to buy one of those 100 or thereabout dollar vacuums about every year or so, so I figure it hasn't quite paid for itself, yet, but it keeps our carpets very clean.

Liz M.

I've always thought the Dyson was quite the machine and it's interesting to hear from someone who has actually used one. I think if I didn't have a central system that would be the one to have. It sounds like a good one.

one more question and thank you Miniv for putting this up.

the brush head I assume it is belt driven, is it? and how difficut is it to change the belt?

I too have been thinking about one as my old vac is a bag type and the bags arent easy to find any more.

I had an Amway vacuum, if I'm not mistaken, they created the first bagless and that is the one I had. Had it for 10 years, nothing compared to it. Neighbors were forever borrowing it because it was spectacular. Then, one day, someone here was using it and they got something caught in it and the motor burned up. I REALLY wanted to replace it with a Dyson. I just got a cheap little thing because I didn't have the extra $$ to spend on a Dyson. This one sucks. Well, actually, it doesn't, that's why I hate it! LOL!!

My goal is to just replace all our carpeting (I hate carpet, hate hate hate, and believe me, there are few things in life I truly HATE, carpet is one of them) then I won't need a vacuum!

Glad that Dyson is as good as it seems!!!

[SIZE=14pt]I have no carpet, which I love, cut the allergy problems in half for my girls but I find that I vaccuum twice as much. You SEE it on the floor and makes me crazy, also, feel in on you feet. Also crazy![/SIZE]

My Dyson drives me NUTS it either eats the carpets and frightens the dogs or just sits there sulking because I have, (yet again) blocked it's stupid filter with the dog hair etc. If I could afford to I would throw it out and buy something better. Look in the ad columns of your newspaper- I can guarantee you will see at least two "as new" Dyson's there every week. A huge big expensive con!! I'd give you mine if I could and you could see for yourself!!!
smile.gif

We have the Dyson animal and love it. It replaced our 12 year old Kirby... Was cheaper than the Kirby.

liltnt said:
one more question and thank you Miniv for putting this up.
the brush head I assume it is belt driven, is it? and how difficut is  it to change the belt?

I too have been thinking about one as my old vac is a bag type and the bags arent easy to find any more.

514018[/snapback]

I've left replacement info up to Larry and he says it's VERY easy. I quote him, "The whole component is designed to be easy".

Guess he likes it....

Oh, and we have owned both the original bagless Amway AND a Kirby --- so we have those to compare with as well.....

MA

When we had our house in Stayton, Or. we had a built in 5 hp vac system. We bought our Dyson last year and wouldn't have anything else! It takes care of the dog (and people) hair wonderfully - not to mention the other more common vac stuff. A big endorsement here.

Of the ones being used by forum members, which one of the Dysons' would anyone recommend? There are a few different ones sold and different prices
please.gif

I love, love, love mine!!! I'm so glad we finally took the plunge..well the 30% off scratch off coupon for Kohl's helped
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
rolleyes.gif

We have the basic one (yellow).

Our's is the basic one....(yellow)....

MA

We got my sister one for Christmas last year. We tested it out as we have 2 big dogs in the house. We first vacuumed with the old vacuum which is a rainbow and then we went to the Dyson (purple one specifically for animals) and it picked up a ton and a half more hair. We vacuum everyday to keep the dog hair down but were amazed at how much the Dyson picked up and how eaisy it was to dispose of it. Well the vacuum left with my sister and now my mom is having withdrawls. HAHAHA I think we will be purchasing another "animal" Dyson in the near future when they go on sale. When we purchased ours it was $400 I think. They usually go on a good sale around christmas. Hope this helps ya in your decission.

outlaw

How long have you owned yours for, everyone?? I had no real problems for the first two years. Now...I'm about to throw it out!! Yes it gets hard work, that's why I paid so much for it!! I get NO help from Dyson, they have no interest in complaints, only praise.

i have a dyson and i hate it,its always getting blocked, looses compression and switches off when your in the middle of the stair ect I through a cheap one out that was ten times better, dont buy one because they are ver frustrating,and the hose spits very quickly,and the drum needs emptying even when its not full to get any sort of compression back, this is just me venting,but I HATE IT
no.gif

Farmhand said:
Of the ones being used by forum members, which one of the Dysons' would anyone recommend? There are a few different ones sold and different prices
please.gif

514636[/snapback]

a man vaccuum shopping
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif

all I know is I want the purple one because it is purple
wink.gif

runamuk said:
Farmhand said:
please.gif

514636[/snapback]

a man vaccuum shopping
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

515072[/snapback]

biggrin.gif
So what is wrong with that, you horse shop together don't you?
poke.gif
new_rofl.gif
I do the research, she gets to do the work
wub.gif

Farmhand said:
runamuk said:
Farmhand said:
please.gif

514636[/snapback]

a man vaccuum shopping
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

515072[/snapback]

biggrin.gif
So what is wrong with that, you horse shop together don't you?
poke.gif
new_rofl.gif
I do the research, she gets to do the work
wub.gif

515086[/snapback]

I am so telling on you
poke.gif
poke.gif
she is so gonna make you vaccuum the house
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif

Latest posts