The Day After

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
This is how my guys are spending their day after the Evergreen Miniature Show in Tacoma, Wa.

Believe you, I was in my chair feeling the same way after cleaning the horse pens today! :bgrin

Thegroup1.jpg

My mare was not doing well in driving but had a blast in roadster stakes as we whooped and hollered and she gave her all. She is a princess and loves attention in the ring. Also got 3rd out of 18 in liberty where she was cheered on. So guys, we need more audience and yelling for the horses to get them to perform!!

Drove my 3 year old gelding I broke myself. He was such a GOOD boy. Did all I asked, did not freak at anything. The first time a horse passed him he wanted to stop and let them pass so had to make him understand the show ring is not a place to be the perfect gentleman. SHould be a fun year next year as we work on extension and headset this winter.

Thanks to my Daughter in law (Flying G) for showing him in halter against Mingus. I had to work and did not get to see it. The judges split their decision between them. They seemed to do that a lot in the show. Definitely two different opinions.

Show was light on horses but not on quality. High gas prices and at the end of our show season here.

We were in high 80's and into 90's so performance was not at its peak as that is hot for our area.

Met Leia, Liz and got to yell at the Crabby Chicken group as I drove past. Congratulations to all on your wins and participation. I got to see Leia in jumping and she won with me in liberty. YEAH

It was great to see you there! I know I have seen you and probably mostly in passing, prior, but it was good to really "meet" you and your horses looked great! I LOVED that starry silver dapple you have. Mingus had some tough competition, there, as they both were in beautiful shape w/glorious coats and color.

Congrats on the Liberty class, too! That was also tough! I'm always scared I'll make someone mad if I yell and stuff in Liberty.

Glad you're all home and recuperating, that was a HOT weekend.

It's taken us a day or so just to GET home (see my LONG post if you can manage).

Liz M.

:no: :no:

I read your post, Sorry I did not know how awful things were going for you!

Yes, Lark is a star just like last year, have to love that filly. Especially as the yearlings go thru such strange shapes and she just keeps shining on.

The weanling class is always my favorite and all the boys were great.

We always end up entering two jumping or two obstacle classes as we know they will blow the first one and hopefully be fine in the second. It is always a toss of the coin what will be thrown at you. Just getting brave enough to do it the first time means you will have fun at it next year.

I would have entered Open Hunter, however I was SURE I would make a really dumb mistake and show my greenness and make everyone roll their eyes, so I figured Ammy was the way to go. Didn't think about the "schooling" value of it! Great idea, though, and I may try that next show.
default_smile.png

As I type this, the truck is home in the driveway and sounds good and healthy, so all's well that ends well. I was pretty distressed over Sunday, though, and felt bad for putting Kim and her family out yet again. They are such gracious hosts and so generous with their beautiful home as well as fun to hang with. I owe 'em bigtime.

Thanks for the compliments on Lark. She's sold/on hold, so I'm sure her potential new owner will be very happy though if she doesn't send that down payment, I won't be unhappy to keep her here. I love watching her, and she's just my favorite size 32" currently. If I didn't need the cash and the space, she would NOT be for sale, though.

Hoping next year's baby will be as nice.

I will likely try Hunter at the next show(s), so maybe I'll have been able to get Mouse more comfortable w/things. Didn't help that the entry way to the arena was BLAZINGLY bright, then almost like a cave inside and the first jump was a wierd one that he'd never seen. My fault, really, for not thinking of it.
default_smile.png
I think he was a good boy, though.

Liz

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

It was a fun and exhausting weekend. I like just sitting in my chair and visiting people! HeeHee, the sluggy way to show.

Tracy was so sweet and wonderful to let us borrow that weanling halter. They are great people.

Can't wait for next year!

Ah, so that was the relationship between Flying G and Country Rose! I kept catching you handling each other's horses and I was confused. Now I get it.
default_smile.png
I think it's wonderful that you got to drive a horse you broke yourself. I'm beginning to realize there's nothing like it and I hope someday I will have a colt of my own that I can do that with. Your's was a great example of good manners to live up to.

It was a pleasure to finally get to talk with you Cheryl. That young lady Sadie you had handling Jinx in hunter was beautiful! She had the most incredible blue eyes with that dark hair, I meant to compliment her on them. And such a polite young lady too, who obviously loved her mischevious gelding. (What, another one?)

The "blow the first class" theory is the only reason I went in Open Obstacle Driving. But man, the pattern in there was so impossible for a novice like me I was just pleased to get out without having blown a circuit in Kody's willing little brain. Yipes! The heck with that, it's ammy for me from now on.

Not another word about my liberty run though, you'll spoil it! Hehe. I always get confused with the numbers and names I don't know and two judges and handlers going up to get ribbons without their horses to identify them so I hadn't realized you'd gotten third. Congratulations! Was that under one judge or both? The last count I'd heard was seventeen horses, I'll be even happier if there were more. Do you know for sure what the final entrant count was?

I do wish people would whoop and holler a bit more in Liberty. Coming from an Arabian show background it flabbergasted me how quiet people were. No wonder the helpers have to use their whips so much!

Good job Countryrose! It was a pleasure to put face and voice to name and personality.
default_yes.gif
: I look forward to seeing you again at the Monroe fun show in September. :saludando:

Leia

It was a great show...very fun and very laid back it seemed! I enjoyed showing Patches for you Cheryl...he was a good boy although I was a little intimidated going in with Mingus...he's practically a celebrity! :bgrin Thank you so much for helping hold all of my kids...and the all important "goop" during all of our halter classes...they didn't wipe off near as much on me for a change...although your poor white shirt...yikes :new_shocked:

I personally think you're all very brave for going into the hunter/jumper classes...not something I will ever do as I'm permanently lame....my ankle hurts too
default_wink.png
: ....the times I tried it with Black Tie Affair he though it was great fun to jump into me as he was going over...it was great. I did convince Vince (my hubby) to take him in a few times and I think they'd have done well had they continued...but Vince gets embarassed too easily...oh well.

I wish I could have watched a little more...we had halter classes every morning...and then I helped out a few people heading in the driving classes...so I missed out on watching a lot of your classes...maybe next year!

And Kim/Liz....it really was no big deal at all on the halter...I was glad to help out. Had I known you needed more for the Supreme class I would have brought some more over that you could have used!

And Leia...if you want your own to train...I know of a really nice bay pinto colt
default_wub.png
:

Tracy

Flyin G Farm said:
And Leia...if you want your own to train...I know of a really nice bay pinto colt
default_wub.png
:
Don't tempt me, Tracy! Now if I could just get Kyan's personality with Jack's color, and get both in an A-sized gelding....

Leia

Now if I could just get Kyan's personality with Jack's color, and get both in an A-sized gelding
Leia...you should just come visit me...I do have another bay pinto colt at home...who would of course make a fabulous gelding
default_wub.png
: he...he...he...
default_whistling.gif
:

Tracy

Orrrr...we could give Kyan a little bleach job for markings. J/K, but yeah, Leia's a dream home for any horse. :D

Liz

Glad to hear you had fun and did well!

I thought that if the crowd made noise in liberty the horse would get elilmated. Those were the rules a few years back when I showed.

-Vanessa

I thought that if the crowd made noise in liberty the horse would get eliminated.
I had heard this announced at a show, also, a few years ago, and so I am a bit confused even though at many shows I have participated in helping to cheer the horse on or assist them in not standing around in one place sniffing poop by making a "ssss" noise or clapping my hands, whatever.

Many horses really enjoy the responses they get.

Liz

Hmm, you've got a point. I know there is no "outside assistance" allowed, but I interpreted that to mean people outside the ring could neither shoo them away from the gate nor hold their attention to assist with a catch. It hadn't occurred to me to apply that to the audience as a whole. After all, it doesn't say the audience can't express their approval! And if that happens to inspire the horse, well....oops. LOL

Leia

P.S.- That was kind of you to say about how I treat my horses Liz. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back